Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

cinefilm to dvd

i don't suppose anyone on here has had cine film converted on to DVD have they? i'm trying to get a few films done for my parents but i need to find a reputable firm, if something happens to the films i'm dead meat.

Comments

• I work for Ascent Media based in Soho, we do that, not that cheap, how interested are you, I might be able to tell you cheaper places to try?
  • I got it done once by a guy in Carmarthen, long time back tho, can't recall the costs though soz. Would be interested where you end up getting it done and how much though.
  • Got my parents done here, all was okay:

http://www.editpoint.co.uk/cine.htm

Here another place uptown:

http://www.sendeancameras.co.uk/ourservices.htm
  • Had some cine film converted onto DVD a few weeks ago,some of which was damaged. memoriesonvideo.co.uk did a really good job and we had it back in about a week. Even the music they added to it was well thought out.
  • edited April 2009
    Got my wax cylinders converted to mp3 recently.;0)
    Seriously though, quite a lot of photo stores on the highstreet do converting, might be worth a try.
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Got my wax cylinders converted to mp3 recently.

prostate%20exam.jpg
  • And as you can see it was a relatively pain free process
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I work for Ascent Media based in Soho, we do that, not that cheap, how interested are you, I might be able to tell you cheaper places to try?

wardour street? if so, it backs onto our offices, we're on carlisle street (IMS).

our place does 35 mil telecine transfer, think we may do 16 but can't do 8.
  • thanks for all these, very useful.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I work for Ascent Media based in Soho, we do that, not that cheap, how interested are you, I might be able to tell you cheaper places to try?

wardour street? if so, it backs onto our offices, we're on carlisle street (IMS).

Yup, that is the one pal, I know IMS, very close to the Private Eye building?
  • Sponsored links:

• We do 8mm Cine transfer to DVD. How many feet of footage do you have?
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I work for Ascent Media based in Soho, we do that, not that cheap, how interested are you, I might be able to tell you cheaper places to try?

Yup, that is the one pal, I know IMS, very close to the Private Eye building?

indeed, mate. and very close to the nellie dean, more importantly.
  • Yeah, good jucier that, especially when the sun is out.