Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roy Keane is actually being employed again.

Amazing really, the serial quitter and cash flow dependent psychotic sociopath is the new Ipswich manager.

Comments

• Did he refuse to sign your autograph book when you were a kid?
  • He was too busy walking his dogs.
  • will be found out at ipswich as i have said unless he has money (which he won't) he will not take ipswich anywhere
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]will be found out at ipswich as i have said unless he has money (which he won't) he will not take ipswich anywhere

He's allegedly been promised £20m for transfers.
    He wouldn't have gone there without the promise of money to spend.
  • good luck to him and them i say, we would have been in the same boat if zebel had gone through. it could make them into a eurpean force or it could ruin them ala leeds.
  • give him till Xmas and he will walk
  • ...his dawgs.

Another managerial bryan robson in the making.
  • as an Orish mate of mine said "once a nacker always a nacker"

he will always have work though as he can fall back on the old family business of selling pots and pans door to door
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]he will always have work though as he can fall back on the old family business of selling pots and pans door to door

ha ha ha... nice one.
  • keane.jpg

is it me or does the pup look worried...
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours of Matt Holland to join him as coach? Could you imagine the chemistry on that one???
  • I can't see Matt Holland thriving under "Keane's fear factor".

Will be a very interesting saga to follow next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Amazing really, the serial quitter and cash flow dependent psychotic sociopath is the new Ipswich manager.

So you wouldn't want him to replace Parkinson then?

Besides being one of the best players of his generation he served under two of the best managers ever in Clough and Ferguson, let's see how much he learnt. If he can't motivate players with his CV then nothing will get them playing, the problem he may have is in finding players who can live up to the expectations and standards he set. I reckon he has no need to ever work again - he was earning £100K a week at Man U, so some credit should be extended to him for not taking the well remunerated life as a TV pundit inbetween a life of luxury.
  • I would take the much mooted goat to replace Parkinson.

However, Keane's CV is not that different to Bryan Robsons before some of his numerous sackings. He is a huge name, but has some disturbing behavioural traits. Would steer well clear of...
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]I would take the much mooted goat to replace Parkinson.

However, Keane's CV is not that different to Bryan Robsons before some of his numerous sackings. He is a huge name, but has some disturbing behavioural traits. Would steer well clear of...

Bryan Robson was a great player, but was never managerial material.

Regarding Keane, he's had one job in management, in which he acquitted himself pretty well having taken Sunderland with a record of played five, lost five into a promotion side inside the same season, not bad for a rookie manager. Yep he resigned but for teams like Sunderland the premiership is always going to be difficult as it's inherently loaded towards the top four sides. Even Martin O'Neil and David Moyes are finding it tough to break into the top four. Besides that he has all the relevant UEFA badges having spent the close seasons in the twilight of his career studying for them rather than on the beach.

If he expressed an interest in managing Charlton I think the majority of fans would accept him, ok the Hun supporting contingent here would never accept him, but I prefer to see that as another advantage...
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Rumours of Matt Holland to join him as coach? Could you imagine the chemistry on that one???

Good cop, bad cop and they would have known each other from Ireland. Might just be paper talk.
  • BlackForest, I agree with your comments, he did turn things around at Sunderland, I think with a shock. I too would welcome him with open arms, given our current predicament - after all, we have parky in charge - I just question his stability in the longer term. I just think his persona is too brittle.
  • I read somewhere in a decentish newspaper (if there is such a thing) that Keane preferred working with "Championship" type players who gave there all for him, were motivated and really went for it. After promotion he realized the gap in quality was huge tried to address that with more established premiership players and that is where he had problems. He found the players were less motivated by the desire to win and more interested in the size of their contract. Maybe he preferred going to an ambitious Championship club who've underperformed for years and now have a bit of money to back him up....lessons learned and all that!
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]BlackForest, I agree with your comments, he did turn things around at Sunderland, I think with a shock. I too would welcome him with open arms, given our current predicament - after all, we have parky in charge - I just question his stability in the longer term. I just think his persona is too brittle.

Sometimes you need the Sergeant Major type, he's only on a two year contract at Ipswich and I can't see him being there in four/five years. I think he's the type who likes a challenge and will then move on.
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]the problem he may have is in finding players who can live up to the expectations and standards he set.
    With you on that one BFR. I can't help thinking his management career will be one long series of personal disappointments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sometimes you need the Sergeant Major type, he's only on a two year contract at Ipswich and I can't see him being there in four/five years. I think he's the type who likes a challenge and will then move on.

Yeah I think your right and although Ill never forgive him for walking out on Ireland I think I can accept that its probably just not in his nature to get along and build relationships with people. Think him and Fergie was a one off and even that turned out sour in the end. He'll come in change things around probably get them promotion and then bugger off for wharever gives him the hump on any praticular morning.
  • Ben Thatcher: Heard who new manager is?
    Kevin Lisbie: Yawn stretch, who is tht then?
    Ben Thatcher: Roy Keane
    Kevin Lisbie: Gulp! Ben, I think I jut shit myself!!!!!!
  • well i had curbs down for that job

Where next for llewelyn now
  • Roy is at it again. Not the best with man management is Mr Keane!

An angry man
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Roy is at it again. Not the best with man management is Mr Keane!

An angry man

Once a chunt, always a chunt, despise the man with a passion.
  • This is not just based on Saturday but on the end of last season and pre-season as well. You can't keep waiting and you have to say enough is enough. And it's not personal - it is just time to move on.

I cant stand Keane, but I cant see anthing wrong with this. i just wish our manager had a pair of bollocks and dropped some of our many underperformers last season.
  • I cant stand Keane, but I cant see anthing wrong with this. i just wish our manager had a pair of bollocks and dropped some of our many underperformers last season.

Is the right answer...true Keane doesn't manage by consensus, but how many times have we monaed about the likes of Marcus Bent, JFH and others being content to pick up larger than average salaries while not doing anything to demonstrate that they deserved them? I can't see Keane ever employing those two or tolerating them. What concerns me is that if he's talking about shifting some players out and bringing in some new faces that someone like Nicky Bailey might be on his shopping list.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: kakaka[/cite]This is not just based on Saturday but on the end of last season and pre-season as well. You can't keep waiting and you have to say enough is enough. And it's not personal - it is just time to move on.

I cant stand Keane, but I cant see anthing wrong with this. i just wish our manager had a pair of bollocks and dropped some of our many underperformers last season.[/quote]

If we had then we would have been unabole to field a team on a match day
  • I dont think you can compare us with Ipswich as they have employed kean with the view of climbing up the divisions so seeing as their pretty much bottom of the Champ you can understand y hes getting rid of a few usless bods.

I dislike Kean entirely but like his passion and respect his luv for the game. But most players that have played fro Man u have got chips on their shoulder.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]someone like Nicky Bailey might be on his shopping list.

Ouuuch