Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Grade steps down

from his role at ITV

giving him plenty of to be our chairman in the Take over

new Rumour started by me

Comments

• Options
    I heard that rumour to.
    ;-)
  • Options
    i said on here before he would be a great chairman, takes no shite have meet him a few times as were in the same business and he is as charllton as u can get would be great, wont happen tho he he.
  • Options
    someone mentioned the other night they see him scurrying thru the foot tunnel towards woolwich road soon after the game ..... i've seen him a couple of times this season on that route...
    he obviously has a quick escape plan from the valley , which is a must this season
  • Options
    Considering the disaster he's made at ITV over the past couple of years, I'm not sure if his CV is quite up to scratch.
  • Options
    itvs state is not is fault they have lost so much in advertising money its crazy would be like saying no football team can have shirt or kit sponserships would kill off most clubs over night still never forgave him for axing dr who when he was at the bbc he he.
  • Options
    Grade announced a £2.7bn loss for ITV in Feb, £65m worth of budget cuts and its share price falling 77% - eyewatering...

He's moving out as the largest shareholder (yes, you've guessed it, Rupert Murdoch) has prevented him from diversifying and merging ITV with the likes of NTL and Virgin Media.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]itvs state is not is fault they have lost so much in advertising money its crazy would be like saying no football team can have shirt or kit sponserships would kill off most clubs over night still never forgave him for axing dr who when he was at the bbc he he.[/quote]

Not only axed Doctor Who but also comissioned Eldorado as Who's replacement - with that in mind, would you want him involved in selecting Parky's replacement?

;-)
  • Options
    TV executive and businessman Lord Grade has been confirmed as the new chairman of UK media regulator Ofcom.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60960912
  • Options
    That’s not good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A helluva lot better than Paul Dacre, surely. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    That’s a very low bar. My cats would be better than Dacre. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Well yes. But does feel considerably more like "this could be EVEN WORSE" rather than this being actually good news. 
  • Options
    Grade is a perfectly ok choice. If anything, the reason I would question him is down to his age (79), I've not seen much of him for a few years.
  • Options
    I’ve met Michael Grade a few times. He commissioned me to get some reseach done on C4s Football Italia. And it is often forgotten that he actually was DG at the BBC in the aftermath of the Iraq war dossiers tragedy,
    and my recollection is that he calmed things down and got it back on even keel. 

So I’m in the “could be worse” camp. Certainly Dacre was unnthinkable.