Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leader or Manager for next season?

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
The are distinct differences so in the immortal words of Nolly....Discuss

Comments

• Options
    Both :-P
  • Options
    At the moment we're severely lacking a leader in the pitch. We seem to be starting games ok but when something goes against us we just fall apart. We badly need someone on the pitch who can keep the players around him focussed. The captain should be doing that but you rarely see Hudson shouting at anyone - too many mutes in our team!
  • Options
    In my view we have neither.
  • Options
    We need three things - a manager, a leader on the pitch, preferably someone to hold the line in defence and a talisman, someone who can create a bit of magic in and around the opposition's penalty box.
  • Options
    Parky is another example of the odious phenomenon of people who expect reward for failure. If he had any decency he'd have fallen on his sword.
  • Options
    The best captains are not necessarily the gung-ho, hot-headed action man buccaneering all over the pitch.
    It's not about the loudest, biggest mouth being the best captain, either.

But the skipper does need to command respect from his players, communicate instructions, constructively criticise and pat on the back as required. And drive players on during setbacks.

Rather than loud mouthed bollockings, a quiet word where necessary might be more than enough and more effective.
    So just because you can't hear him remonstrating with players or see him waving his arms in anger, doesn't mean he's not doing his job.

In short, his players need to be responsive to his leadership.
    And that will show as a reaction to setbacks and results.

Clearly not happening at Charlton, then ......
  • Options
    I'd certainly be happy to see Hudson replaced.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Parky is another example of the odious phenomenon of people who expect reward for failure. If he had any decency he'd have fallen on his sword.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'd certainly be happy to see Hudson replaced.[/quote]

Bang on you two!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'd certainly be happy to see Hudson replaced.

Player of the year for next season.

If he stays...