Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just commited myself to a year of 3rd division football...

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
This is only my 8th season supporting Charlton.

When I first arrived I'll admit it was about watching Premiership football but by the end of that first season it was all about watching Charlton.
By the time we were relegated it was in my blood and there was never any doubt about renewing.

8 years ago when I first bought a season ticket I never imagined I'd end up watching 3rd division football but I'll always follow Charlton wherever they end up now.

It was easy to dismiss "Johnny Come Lately" presuming they'll just move on to another club when the going gets tough.
But for every 100 of them there may be someone like me who ends up a life long fan.

CAFC

Comments

• Options
    Respect dansmudge. That what being a fan should be about. Charlton Till I Die and all that.
  • Options
    Good lad!
  • Options
    Good Man
  • Options
    you should be 'comitted' - like the rest of us..

;)
  • Options
    Interesting to read the different perspectives.

Good for you dansmudge
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]This is only my 8th season supporting Charlton.

When I first arrived I'll admit it was about watching Premiership football but by the end of that first season it was all about watching Charlton.
    By the time we were relegated it was in my blood and there was never any doubt about renewing.

8 years ago when I first bought a season ticket I never imagined I'd end up watching 3rd division football but I'll always follow Charlton wherever they end up now.

It's was easy to dismiss "Johnny Come Lately" presuming they'll just move on to another club when the going gets tough.
    But for every 100 of them there was be someone like me who ends up a life long fan.

CAFC

Ditto, but i did not get the pleasure of much premier league action. I moved to London in 2003, came occassionaly to watch the big teams and the year we got relegated came nearly every game, even switching allegiance during Newcastle match so I can easily pinpoint when i became a charlton fan. Next year ie Championship season 1 bought season ticket... got a sneaky suspiscion i am the reason we are going down, have season ticket for 2 year, relegated twice? - SORRY