Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That little ball-boy who does the northwest corner.

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
He's got to be the most entertaining member of staff on Charlton's books.
I wonder if we can vote for him for player of the year?
The least we can do is give him a good song before the season ends.

Any ideas? [:)]

Comments

• Options
    This
  • Options
    i voted for player of the year this season on sat and on the list some one had added fish and the bottom and their was more votes for him than any players!
  • Options
    This kid is brilliant.

I liked the way he was using 'sportsmanship' and holding onto the ball for as long as pos when blackpool wanted it back.

He should have a song.
  • Options
    He had us in stitches. He's totally immersed in the game, very intent and very worthy of a song.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If it's the same one, it was great the way he snatched the ball out of the Blackpool players hands and gave it to Butterfield (I think) for a throw in as the Blackpool Player was having handbags over the decision

We sit in the West Lower above the tunnel - so I assume your talking about the one just in front of us.

:o)
  • Options
    Anyone rember the ball girl think it was versus man utd the 3 3 game the b all was slowly making its way to the touch line and she walked onto the pitch and picked it up before it had gone out... think was man utd coz giggs wernt happy at all but robbo gave her a wicked little wink.
  • Options
    yep the north west quad ballboy was a highlight , quite busy and involved in the game , good luck to him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]If it's the same one, it was great the way he snatched the ball out of the Blackpool players hands and gave it to Butterfield (I think) for a throw in as the Blackpool Player was having handbags over the decision

We sit in the West Lower above the tunnel - so I assume your talking about the one just in front of us.

Thats him, he is a legend. He had me in stitches!! Its the same one as lardy, lordromford and stilladdicketd is on about. Right by the tunnel! He needs a song!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Anyone rember the ball girl think it was versus man utd the 3 3 game the b all was slowly making its way to the touch line and she walked onto the pitch and picked it up before it had gone out... think was man utd coz giggs wernt happy at all but robbo gave her a wicked little wink.[/quote]

IIRC that was the West Ham game in '98 which we won 4-2. It was a wet day and the touchlines where pretty sticky. I seem to remember that the upset player was Steve Lomas who moaned at the ref but was told to shut up!

I was in the West Upper on Saturday and was surprised to see the difference in size to the ball boys- I'm usually in the East where we have a couple of strapping 6 footers patrolling the touchline.
  • Options
    i think the ballboys are kids from the academy , pretty certain i saw jonjo ballboying a few times last year or was it the year b4 .. so probably just depends on which age group are doing it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there anyway we could fine out his name (even just his first name) then the North Upper could start a song for him. I would have thought that would make his year!!

• Options
    I don't think he's as young as he looks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]If it's the same one, it was great the way he snatched the ball out of the Blackpool players hands and gave it to Butterfield (I think) for a throw in as the Blackpool Player was having handbags over the decision

Thats him, he is a legend. He had me in stitches!! Its the same one as lardy, lordromford and stilladdicketd is on about. Right by the tunnel! He needs a song!

Agree - he's quality entertainment. I think he was the one that was in the NE corner last season & headed the ball back on the pitch when it went out :o)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Its not the same one who performed the header last year.

I work with his mum.

He was at the club as a schoolboy. The 8 years he spent with the club were terminated via an answerphone message.....another victory for public relations.

He is about to sign YTS with Gillingham.
  • Options
    Think it's someone different though I may be wrong. If I'm right, he's just signed a two year contract & is a big Chelsea fan!!
  • Options
    Not much coming out of the club these days. Just a thought but think it would be a good filip for everyone if someone at the club can confirm this.
  • Options
    do you work with the mum of the kid who was in the North West quadrant saturday or the mum of the kid who did the header.

was it the kid that did the header that now has a YTS at gillingham? and is the kid at Gillingham a chelsea fan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]do you work with the mum of the kid who was in the North West quadrant saturday or the mum of the kid who did the header.

was it the kid that did the header that now has a YTS at gillingham? and is the kid at Gillingham a chelsea fan?

I work with the mum of the kid who did the header last year and he is about to sign for Gillingham after being released via answerphone.

Don't know anything about the the kid who was winding up Blackpool players.
  • Options
    I've been given permission to give his name & he's called Corey Watts. He'll be in the same place tonight so I think a song is definitely in order!!!
  • Options
    so okay right. the kid that did the header is goign to gillingham.

the kid that worked on saturday has a two year contract at charlton but is a chelsea fan and is called Corey Watts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hows about (to the glory glory hallelujah)

Corey corey what a ballboy
    Wattsy your a starr.

ad nauseum

Im sure it would make the lads week and he shows more willing than most of the team.
  • Options
    Corey Watts?

Reminds of COREY GIBBS!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Corey Watts?

Reminds of COREY GIBBS!

Ah, but we've already seen Corey Watts ........

;o)
  • Options
    To the tune of COME ON CHARLTON
    Corey wattsy COREY WATSY
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Lardy[/cite]Hows about (to the glory glory hallelujah)

Wattsy your a starr.

ad nauseum

Love it, I'm up for it.

Im sure it would make the lads week and he shows more willing than most of the team.[/quote]
  • Options
    You can ask him in a minute, he's just registered !
  • Options
    Wern't "Corey Watts" in coronation street? ;-)
  • Options
    hi every1 thanks for your comments yes i will be there today !!! cant wait to see you all CAFC CAFC!!!
  • Options
    lol but is this the real corey watts?

how old are you corey? :-)
  • Options
    thank you all for the song !!!!