Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dropping with us....

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Who do we want it to be ?

looking like Soton and Norwich. Another two clubs like us likely to see takeovers and re-ignition.

Would it be better for us next year if say Norwich survived and someone like Barnsley dropped ?

One thing is for sure, if Leeds stay down then with us, Norwich, Soton, Leeds then there is going to be a large distortion between our crowds and the rest of the division.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah Naaaridge have been getting huge crowds down at 'lets be avenue'. Think they will continue to get lrge crowds net year. We wont tho!! 12k tops or 16k for big games.
  • Options
    I'd want it to be Plymouth and Blackpool as either of those two make it a more difficult league in my opinion. Not going to happen though

I think it will be Soton and Norwich and will be decided before last game of the season for once.
  • Options
    Going to be the Saints. I'd rather anyone other than Narwich, don't want too many 'big' clubs down there as it'll make getting back up more difficult.
  • Options
    Norwich have already sold 17k season tickets for next season!

I want them to stay up as they would probably run away with league 1, whereas Barnsley would struggle to make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Plymouth and Southampton without a doubt
  • Options
    would prefer barnsley but doubt they'll go down bottom 3 looks set to me
  • Options
    Three big guns going down will be great for the smaller League 1 clubs, but crap news for us - I think Norwich have it in them to mount a big comeback, especially as (unlike us), they adore their manager Bryan Gunn. (Hell, Norwich in League 1 will still be a better draw than Ipswich in the Championship). Funny, the Canaries were also hailed as one of the best-run clubs in Britain...

Us, Southampton, maybe Naaaaaarich, Leeds - it'll be an interesting league, if not for all the right reasons!
  • Options
    Hopefully Leeds pass us in the other direction (never thought I'd say that) and Norwich stay up too (never thought I'd say that either) leaving us, Saint's and Barnsley.

Still going to be a competitive league whatever plus we'll have the "They were playing Premier League a couple of years ago so lets up our game against them effect" to contend with...
  • Options
    I'd like leeds to go up and Naaridge to stay up don't care who else comes down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont really care.....more important that we concentrate on how we get this club back up again....BUY a season ticket :-)
  • Options
    Surely we want teams to come down that will struggle in League One, which is possibly the bigger clubs. Forest weren't down there long ago.

Not really bothered though, it'll be up to us to get things right, not other clubs getting it wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Why all the fuss about Norwich, they are struggling like us at the mo, crap team, crap manager and no money, 17,000 season ticket sales will not make them great next year it will just pay off some of the bills, the same as us I am afraid.

I hope they need 3 points when they play us in the last game of the season and we beat them, at least it will shut their fans up from singing Charlton are going down songs.

In fact I can hear the covered end roaring now "Down with the Charlton, your coming down with the Charlton"

Happy Days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Why all the fuss about Norwich, they are struggling like us at the mo, crap team, crap manager and no money, 17,000 season ticket sales will not make them great next year it will just pay off some of the bills, the same as us I am afraid.

Have to agree with this. Surely the bigger the club the better for us as they'll also take time to get used to the division. Clubs like Barnsley, Plymouth, Blackpool were all in league one not that long ago so will know about it and won't have to sell half their squad to cover debts.
    So what if Norwich have sold 17k season tickets, Leeds have good support and they're below Peterborough and MK Dons. Plus smaller teams will raise their game when they go to Norwich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southwestaddick[/cite]Plymouth and Southampton without a doubt

Plymouth, please.

1) Gives me another 'local derby'.

2) Ensures I don't get any ridicule from the Greenies.

Although to be fair, they've not given me much stick about relegation. More like sympathy ... and "with the players you've got, you should have been too good to go down" stuff.

Still want them relegated though, lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite], whereas Barnsley would struggle to make the playoffs.

Based on what?
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited April 2009
    Based on him being Harry Potter and knowing magic.
  • Options
    Herry?
    lol is that like Hanry Irving?
  • Options
    I want Barnsley to drop with us. Only coz I do quite a few away games in Yorkshire.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Of course, we can help Norwich to stay up with a little favour on the last day of the season. Or, would we rather have the extra gate money from their visit to The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Son in Norwich, other son in Southampton, it's obviously my family wots putting a curse on things.
  • Options
    I've said for weeks we're going to send Norwich down on the last day. I stand by that.

Southampton in League One they will be having a fire sale (if they still exist) maybe even a points deduction.
  • Options
    Norwich for the gate money (they'll bring loads) and Barnsley because it'll give me a chance to meet my spiritural hero, Dave Cherry (Barnsley fan and local bard famous for his record "Stairfoot Roundabout" ....look it up on You Tube....done for charity for Hospice in Barnsley...)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite], whereas Barnsley would struggle to make the playoffs.

Based on what?
    Magical powers. JCR won't play at that level and what else have they got left? A decent goalie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Son in Norwich, other son in Southampton, it's obviously my family wots putting a curse on things.

move em to bermondsey (sharp) and norwood ...pleeeeeeeeeeeease;-)