Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

player of the year vote

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
this years POTY will not be a true representative of the fans as I have not seen anyone collecting votes for the East Stand. I am led to believe that there were 2 people OUTSIDE the entrances in Floyd Road on saturday collecting voting slips but many of us in the East go in via Harvey Gardens and there were nobody up there or on the concourse behid the East Stand.

Many supporters don't have access to pc's so cant vote on line - pls can there be at least 1 person collecting voting slips tommorrow night somewhere in the East Stand. A sealed box with a hole cut in the top will suffice if nohing else.........democratically elected leaders or voted in his way so I'm sure it will be good enough for us.

rant over.

Comments

• Options
    There was a collection of votes in the Lib before Saturday;
    There was 1 vote for "nobody" & 9 votes for "The Fish".
  • Options
    West stand - there was someone collecting votes on sheets of paper near the turnstiles. Rob Elliot was way ahead of anyone else.
  • Options
    the collection of votes in the Con Club saw 20 for Bailey, 1 for Shelvey and 1 for Hudson
  • Options
    There was a clipboard and a pen (i kid you not) being passed around the North lower at the Birmingham game.

Nicky Bailey was strolling it.
  • Options
    Third year in a row I haven't seen anyone collecting them :-(
  • Options
    How comes Hudson's mum gets a vote.

Well and truly mugged off by D J Campbell.

I would vote Bailey 1,2 and 3.
  • Options
    None of the above.
  • Options
    I was asked for my vote outside the North stand and politely declined.
  • Options
    I voted in the Lib Club after beating up Ben Hayes for starting fights on this board last week. I voted Bailey & just about everyone else had as well.
  • Options
    Hello Stockholm,

The votes of the Liberal club jury were as follows:

Bailey 44

Butterfield 2

Dickson 1

Elliot 10

Holland 10

Hudson 4

Kandol 1

Yassin 1

Racon 10

Semedo 1

Jon Jo 3

Spring 1

No one 2

The Fish 9
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I voted in the Lib Club after beating up Ben Hayes for starting fights on this board last week. I voted Bailey & just about everyone else had as well.

In your dreams.

I was waiting at Blackheath with the pistols at dawn as arranged and you didn't show. Are you Palace in disguise? : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I voted in the Lib Club after beating up Ben Hayes for starting fights on this board last week. I voted Bailey & just about everyone else had as well.

In your dreams.

I was waiting at Blackheath with the pistols at dawn as arranged and you didn't show. Are you Palace in disguise? : - )

LOL Yeah I bottled it :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hello Stockholm,

The votes of the Liberal club jury were as follows:

Bailey 44

Butterfield 2

Dickson 1

Elliot 10

Holland 10

Hudson 4

Kandol 1

Yassin 1

Racon 10

Semedo 1

Jon Jo 3

Spring 1

No one 2

The Fish 9
    I'm presuming there is some irony in some of them (specifically the right backs). Very glad to see Rob getting a few. With the impact, goals and skill of Shelvey i had a feeling he might be forgotten, but he's definitely a lad that can hold his head up this year. He's slotted in like a seasoned pro and has done almost nothing wrong in a defence that has been calamotous. He's seamlessly gone from young lad third in the pecking order to top of the pile. He's a fan too.

Back to the OP I haven't seen a voting form this year at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]There was a clipboard and a pen (i kid you not) being passed around the North lower at the Birmingham game.

Leaburn had been added to that sheet!
  • Options
    Bailey by default, even with his goals he has to share the blame I'm afraid.

:)
  • Options
    Bailey had a few stinkers post his rick v Bristol City but has done well generally and can't fault his goal scoring.

Gave the ball away Saturday and chased the guy back to the edge of the box so he could give away a free kick. He does like a tackle even if not well timed.

According to Kins one of his problems was trying to do too much work and do other players jobs as well as his own.

Still really want to keep him next year but I heard the new owners preferred choice as manager doesn't rate him.
  • Options
    Despite Charlton's defence shipping 69 league goals this term, Hudson has been one of the few success stories for the Addicks, and must be a candidate for the club's player of the year trophy when the winners are announced next weekend.

Where has all this come from? I know there aren't many candidates, but there's this idea from Parkinson and the club that Hudson is very consistent and reliable, doesn't make mistakes. Before him, Pardew went on about Hudson being a Prem player, saying how great he was. For me he's not played like that often enough.

He's done his job, but it's not very often he's stood out as a top player. There are plenty of centre backs in this league similar to him. Generally he's been decent, very good at times, but I guess he's made the sort of mistakes that don't get noticed.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34150&newstype=p
  • Options
    Hudson is to blame for 1 goal conceded or goal scoring chance EVERY game, but i still like him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]According to Kins one of his problems was trying to do too much work and do other players jobs as well as his own.

I remember him in central midfielder earlier in the season. Tried to win tackles then spray passes around. He's not a bad passer but he's just not that sort of player. I think Kinsella was right about that. Playing on the left gives him some freedom, covers Youga more than Bouazza did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]There was a clipboard and a pen (i kid you not) being passed around the North lower at the Birmingham game.

Just to clarify the bizarre 'clipboard and pen' situation ..........

The Fans' Forum representatives were asked by CASC (Steve Bailey) to help collect some votes at the Birmingham game. This we duly did at our post by Sam Bartram's statue, and a fair few votes we collected too, mostly using a pre-printed sheet which we had hastily produced earlier that day.

During the game, what better way to use up a couple of the remaining blank sheets than to send them on the rounds - with absolutely no expectation of ever getting anything back.

We were not disappointed.