Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts?

Charlton9013splash.jpg

hell of alot of pressure being put on us to renew/ buy season tickets. Its not our fault were down.

Comments

• Options
    I dont take it as "a hell of a lot of pressure" - just proactive marketing. Clearly the more people who renew the better chance we have on bouncing back.......
  • Options
    Parky's post match interview basically saying if we renew then we might keep some of the players.. that was abit low i thought personally. totally my view expect people to disagree.
  • Options
    I love it - if they do a framed picture/poster of just the pictures, i'd have one.
  • Options
    great poster

Not really low just truthful ?
  • Options
    Exclusively available to early renewers? (would be good)

:)

[quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I love it - if they do a framed picture/poster of just the pictures, i'd have one.[/quote]
  • Options
    kind of lefty mate, but as i said its not our fault were in the state we are in. i will be there next season finances and family mean i cant get a season ticket but will be puting my 20 quid through the turnstyle as much as possible.
  • Options
    How many managers does it take to drive a tractor? (1991...)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite] Clearly the more people who renew the better chance we have on bouncing back.......

Not necessarily though. Depends where the money goes. Will all our season ticket money go on new players? I doubt it.
    If higher season ticket sales give you a better chance of success then why are Newcastle in the bottom 3, why are we going down when a team like Blackpool aren't and why are Leeds in the 2nd season in league one.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Seriously, jokes about tractor-driving managers apart, I thought it was a clever and well put-together attempt to convey pictorially why we are a ''special'' club and hopefully always will be, whatever happens. I ddn't see it as undue pressure, Adam.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]How many managers does it take to drive a tractor? (1991...)

That's not a tractor, that picture was taken when Curbs & Gritty were moonlighting as luggage handlers at Gatwick airport :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    so what about Parky's comments? and Waggy going around flogging them.. we will get 10k i hope.

edit, as i said purly my thougts which most will know are as useful as a chocolate teapot, its up to us once again to help the club get back to the top, if i had the money and no baby i would have signed up by now. i will do what i can do, signing up adam JNR to the new junior red thingy and will as i said will be going to as many games as poss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Clearly the more people who renew the better chance we have on bouncing back.......

Not necessarily though. Depends where the money goes. Will all our season ticket money go on new players? I doubt it.
    If higher season ticket sales give you a better chance of success then why are Newcastle in the bottom 3, why are we going down when a team like Blackpool aren't and why are Leeds in the 2nd season in league one.

Very true Chris. I suppose what we have in common with Newcastle and Leeds is a recent history of shit signings (anyway that's all been done on other threads).
    TBH I think next season depends upon what the Board are prepared to do during the summer (the revenue fron ST's will have very little bearing) - although there is clearly very little money, a good season ticket response might just encourage the Board to sign a cheque or two which might not happen with an appathetic response.
  • Options
    it's my screensaver at work and I've now since discovered 2 other addicks in my office on other floors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]so what about Parky's comments? and Waggy going around flogging them.. we will get 10k i hope.

edit, as i said purly my thougts which most will know are as useful as a chocolate teapot, its up to us once again to help the club get back to the top, if i had the money and no baby i would have signed up by now. i will do what i can do, signing up adam JNR to the new junior red thingy and will as i said will be going to as many games as poss.

Sorry but I simply don't buy this "it's up to us" stuff. As you rightly say, we didn't get the club in this mess.

I'm afraid I've come to the point that blind loyality is no longer a good enough reason to keep putting my hand in my pocket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Parky's post match interview basically saying if we renew then we might keep some of the players.. that was abit low i thought personally. totally my view expect people to disagree.

I agree especially as renewals won't be the only factor. Bailey could still go for example if we received an offer we couldn't refuse even if we'd sold 15,000 sst's. Thought it was emotional blackmail on Phil's part. The best way for him to encourage renewals is to walk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]it's my screensaver at work and I've now since discovered 2 other addicks in my office on other floors.

it's a small world isn't it?