Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Senior Cup

Did anyone go to Welling to see the KSC final v Whitstable? Welling won 6-1 but I have to say that they were very unimpressive compared to the vast majority of Conference teams I have seen playing Ebbslfleet over the last couple of seasons when we have been away, but I guess that Welling have dropped away much like we have! Obvioiusly AFC have the resources to live in the Conf but the likes of Welling have absolutely no chance at all. They have Protheroe that has decent ability but the likes of Sheringham' s boy and Rob Quinn will be at that level for the rest of their career. Glad to see that E&B have improved the facilities at PVR though!! Whitstable gave it a go for the first half but run out of energy and ideas in the second half, but the difference in two divisions should take hold. I have to say that it is pretty poor that that the KCFA deem to have the county final on a Thursday night and filddle the crowd (announced as 650 - must have borrowed the CAFC computer!!)

Comments

• Welling won 6-1 and were unimpressive??
  • 1905 - as silly as it sounds but yes - Whitstable are two divisions down from the Wings and had goiod chances in the first half where the Wings back four looked less than ordinary. I believe that Welling are a long long way way from being able to comete in the Conf despirte having Fordy as manager!
  • [cite]Posted By: last_line[/cite]the likes of Sheringham' s boy and Rob Quinn will be at that level for the rest of their career.

I'm not surprised seeing as Rob Quinn is 32 !!
  • I went to the game but spent the scond half in the Guy because the Man City game was looking good. For the record the first half was poor and Sheringham's son looked like he didn't want to be there although it's probably wrong to judge him on 45 minutes..........

Loads of my Charlton mates have started going to Welling games this season but it's not for me, for my sins I can't find it in myself to get excited about any other teams.
  • I would love to watch an unimpressive side that wins some games!
  • I'd love to watch ANY side that wins games.......;-)
  • As there's a big gap between conference south and conference premier, do you think AFC Wimbledon may struggle next season?

Playing devil's advocate here, but League 1 is as close to the conference as it is to the premiership! :-)
  • I went on good friday when they drew 0-0 with Thurrock, absolutely awful game and Sheringham's boy looks poor, very slow and not great in the air.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I went on good friday when they drew 0-0 with Thurrock, absolutely awful game and Sheringham's boy looks poor, very slow and not great in the air.

He's got 25 goals this season though so maybe he just had a bad afternoon