Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No sound.

As you may all know, I'm not very good with computers (yada yada yada.........."Get on with it"........)
On me dads computer, can't get any sound at all.
No radio stations, no commentary on the CAFC video (good work Rick fella),etc.
Any ideas please.......?

Thanks

Comments

• Have you got speakers plugged in?
  • Take the ear plugs out?
  • Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

All I can suggest is that you check that the mute button hasn't been activated - you'll find this on the tool bar running across the bottom of your screen.
  • BFR.
    Theres nothing at the bottom of the screen, except "start" & "CHARLTON LIFE".
  • Try going to start, control panel, sound (audio settings) you should be able to see if yo are on mute
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Try going to start, control panel, sound (audio settings) you should be able to see if yo are on mute

Sorry guys; done as suggested, on "control panel" there is no "Sound" or "Audiosettings".
    Sorry again !
  • Have you ever had sound from the PC that your dad uses? Is the PC a relatively new pc or a fairly old one.

You could go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and then sound,video, game controllers - this will list what devices you have in that category.

From your last post it seems that either there is no soundcard within the pc.

Are you able to do a screen print of the control panel and the screen that I have asked you to go to and post on the forum.
  • Thanks again.
    Its acouple of years old, but dad goes onto some "sites" without checking, so he gets virus's.
    Had sound before, but none since its last visit to the West Wickham "computer" shop.
    Will try last suggestion. Thanks.