Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton D-Day watch

Football League meet today to decide on whether Southampton have successfully leaped through a loophole in the rules.

So will it be ???

A. 10-pt deduction now
B. 10-pt deduction next season
C. No punishment
D. Deferred decision

Comments

• No doubt..............D
  • A and B are the same as if they agree to deduct 10 points then they will wait until the end of the season in anycase.

E. 15 points for being cheeky sods and trying to cheat.
  • B without doubt. If its C then the world has gone mad.
  • most probably C. But if it was Charlton in that position then they would ask for the immediate disbandment of the club ...... or am I been overly sensitive?
  • A or B, they're not a big premiership club.

Leeds and Luton are ready to mount a legal challenge to their own deductions if this doesn't happen (so I'm led to believe)
  • B with a bit of luck
  • C I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• D..........in which will result in B....... personally i hope they close them down
  • what's the monetary difference to us between finishing bottom or second bottom
    C.
  • E........... For being billy big B**ox and attacking our coatches on saturday!

Chuck them in to the hampshire B league I say
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]what's the monetary difference to us between finishing bottom or second bottom

Christiansen's wages for a month or so probably.

C by the way.
  • a so we dont finish bottom.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]a so we dont finish bottom.

you forgot to type ......."by too many points"

D then B
  • B would be in line with what has happened with other clubs going into administration, all be it this case is exploiting a 'loophole'.

A would be controversial with the period for this season already elapsed, though they are arguably down, but it might just improve our very slim odds of beating the drop.

D would allow more time to devise a fitting penalty as some will argue that their status of the club being 'solven' but the holding company going under is a new situation with no precadent.
  • edited April 2009
    C i think as read somewhere that Derby have set the precident previously
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A and B are the same as if they agree to deduct 10 points then they will wait until the end of the season in anycase.

How do you work that out? If they go with A then they're now on 30 points. If they go with B then they start next season on - 10.
    Two very different options surely?
  • If they were West Ham they would get off, if they were Luton they would be relegated to the conference, personally I think they'll get hammered next season by more than 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the finish out of the relegation zone before any points deduction then A otherwise B.

Which means it's a D!
  • If it was us it would be both A and B, which we'd then appeal against, before having both doubled for being frivolous...
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]If the finish out of the relegation zone before any points deduction then A otherwise B.

This.
  • My wishful thinking would be for them to get a 10 point deduction now, and 15 next season for trying to avoid the 10 point penalty by only placing the holding company into adminstration.

After all, isn't it an intentional attempt to circumvent the rules by placing only the holding into administration and not the club, even though the finances are intertwined, and will result in both going bust if the holding company is liquidated? or both saved if new investment goes into the company?
  • decision defered!
  • When do we get to hear ?
  • days or weeks!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A and B are the same as if they agree to deduct 10 points then they will wait until the end of the season in anycase.

How do you work that out? If they go with A then they're now on 30 points. If they go with B then they start next season on - 10.
    Two very different options surely?

If the league decide to deduct 10 points then they will wait until the final table. They then have the option to deduct 10 this season if that sends Soton down or if a 10 point deduction wouldn't affect their status ie they are 11 points clear of the drop or already in the bottom 3 then the ten points will come off next season ie they start on minus 10.
  • Would be nice to be off the bottom
  • I can't really see Southampton being 11 points clear of the drop at the end of the season, can you .... ?

;o)