Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Who at the Valley in 1976

2»

Comments

• Options
    was at both. Maggie Bell went off early after cuting her hand on a tamborine (watch out for that DA9!)

Lou Reid got canned off stage.
  • Options
    #5, The old Victoria Way cable tower in the background.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]was at both. Maggie Bell went off early after cuting her hand on a tamborine (watch out for that DA9!)

I'm in a different class alltogether mate :-)
  • Options
    I made it to the 74 but not the 76 one.
    The major memory was the moment the floodlights were switched on to Townsend's opening chord in Pinball Wizard.
    I was standing just in front of The Covered End with a couple of school mates.
    Iwas (still am) a huge Humble Pie fan and Stevie Marriot was on grat form with numbers from their , at the time, recently released album Thunderbox. Lou Reed lost the crowd earler in the day but was not maybe mainstream enough at the time, but clearly a model for the emerging Bowie.
    The remnants of Free , Bad Company were good and Linisfarne did their main hits.
    The crowd was immense, I actually bought a ticket !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]I made it to the 74 but not the 76 one.
    The major memory was the moment the floodlights were switched on to Townsend's opening chord in Pinball Wizard.
    I was standing just in front of The Covered End with a couple of school mates.
    Iwas (still am) a huge Humble Pie fan and Stevie Marriot was on grat form with numbers from their , at the time, recently released album Thunderbox. Lou Reed lost the crowd earler in the day but was not maybe mainstream enough at the time, but clearly a model for the emerging Bowie.
    The remnants of Free , Bad Company were good and Linisfarne did their main hits.
    The crowd was immense, I actually bought a ticket !

Humble Pie, one of my fav bands. Not old enought to see them live in their prime but was lucky enough to see them (minus Steve M) at the Steve Marriot tribute concert a few years ago.

I've still got the copy of "Performance" that Marriot signed for me at the tramshed in the early 80's.
  • Options
    I never had a chance to see Marriot play later in his career, for me, he had that combination of
    rock with a very soulful element. Some of his vocal lines were brilliant.
  • Options
    Keith Moon with no hi-hat, just like you MOG :-)
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic Football Ground, London, May 31, 1976 -

1. I Can't Explain
    2. Substitute
    3. My Wife
    4. Baba O'Riley
    5. Squeeze Box
    6. Behind Blue Eyes
    7. Dreaming From The Waist
    8. Magic Bus
    9. Amazing Journey
    10. Sparks
    11. The Acid Queen
    12. Fiddle About
    13. Pinball Wizard
    14. I'm Free
    15. Tommy's Holiday Camp
    16. We're Not Gonna Take It
    17. See Me Feel Me/Listening To You
    18. Summertime Blues
    19. My Generation
    20. Join Together
    21. My Generation Blues
    22. Won't Get Fooled Again

Listening to magic bus..... just gonna take a 'trip' back down memory lane.........
  • Options
    Not from Charlton. but not a bad version eh!.....
    Not too many bands could follow this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good grief. 41 years ago today
  • Options
    One of my all-time favorite gigs. Remember standing there, damp, thinking "The Who will have to be very good to make this worthwhile"! About 30 seconds into their set, I'd forgotten all about that - they were that good.
  • Options
    Magic bus is one of my favourites. You caaaaant have it.....I want it I want it...
  • Options
    Think Roger Chapman fronted a band called Streetwalkers.

• Options

Think Roger Chapman fronted a band called Streetwalkers.

Yes he did.
  • Options
    Just sold The Story of The Who 2LP and had a look through the booklet before posting. Found these two images in there

• Options
    Just been playing Who's Next and realised it was released 50 years ago ... where has that time gone!
  • Options
    Just sold The Story of The Who 2LP and had a look through the booklet before posting. Found these two images in there

Daltrey in his ‘George Davis is innocent’ tee shirt, the George Davis who was later convicted of armed robbery of on bank in Seven Sisters Road !!
  • Options
    Anyone get to see The Action.