Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Wright interview in the Sun today

DA9DA9
edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Written by the ginger wall tube Jiggins, all about his friendship with Tweedy & Goody etc etc etc.

Comments

• Strange I just read that on-line. No papers here in Copenhagen!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2346093.ece
  • You have to question anyone that is best mates with Jack Tweed.
  • He seems to have a high opinion of his ability.
    If he does stay at Charlton can we expect him to stand out in the third tier, then?
  • Last pre-season Josh was my tip for the one to suceed. He no doubt has the ability, but does he have the temprament
  • My own belief is that if he does make it, he will turn into a charlie big b****cks
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My own belief is that if he does make it, he will turn into David Bentley

Quite agree.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My own belief is that if he does make it, he will turn into David Bentley

Quite agree.

LOL...liking your work :-)
  • What is the point in that article? Says absolutely fcuk all - apart from making the lad seem like a right helm.
  • I am holding my opinion of this lad until I have seen him and his attitude on the pitch a bit more. Seems to me that being snubbed / falling out with the management at The Valley is not that difficult to achieve recently ala Yassin.
  • I don’t think the reason I’m not playing at Charlton is down to my ability

so why is it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]He seems to have a high opinion of his ability.
    If he does stay at Charlton can we expect him to stand out in the third tier, then?

Good - a bit of arrogance is healthy in sportsmen, it sorts the winners out from the also rans.

Will he shine next year? We'll have a smaller squad and he'll get his chance.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]You have to question anyone that is best mates with Jack Tweed.

Why? What business is it of yours to decide who he should and shouldn't be friends with? I presume all your friends and acquaintances are all above board?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]He seems to have a high opinion of his ability.
    If he does stay at Charlton can we expect him to stand out in the third tier, then?[/quote]

Good - a bit of arrogance is healthy in sportsmen, it sorts the winners out from the also rans.

Will he shine next year? We'll have a smaller squad and he'll get his chance.[/quote]

I don't mind arrogance from people who deliver.
    It's why I'm a big fan of Ali, Clough, Bristow etc.

If Wright is gonna talk himself up he better deliver - Shelvey has already left him for dead, without any attitude.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]You have to question anyone that is best mates with Jack Tweed.

Why? What business is it of yours to decide who he should and shouldn't be friends with? I presume all your friends and acquaintances are all above board?

It is no business of mine, who Josh should and shouldn't be friends with. Where did I say he shouldn't be friends with Jack Tweed ?

However, as you can see from the below I personally wouldn't be proud to be friends with Jack Tweed who was not that long ago released from prison.

It is also my understanding, that he is " in trouble" again in connection with an assault on a taxi/ cab driver.

You're quite right, as far as I know all my friends and acquaintances have not been imprisoned for assault and do not go round attacking cab drivers.

Hopefully you and yours do not as well.

But the judge, Recorder Mark Lucraft QC, said both Tweed and Mattock would spend nine months in prison before being released on licence.

"It was a frightening scene and a traumatic experience," said the judge.

"You went, it seems to me, with one purpose - to attack and to have a fight."

He added: "Hitting someone about the head with a weapon is an extremely dangerous thing to do."
  • I don't believe anyone is condoning what Tweed did.

But Tweed has been a friend of Josh Wright and his brother since Primary School - to be friends for 14 years is a long time to a 19 year old. So it's not really fair to have a pop at Wright for not dumping a lifelong friend.

Having said that, it wouldn't do any harm for Wright to keep a lower public profile.
  • The thing that worries me about Josh Wright i that he talks as if he has proved himself and has a record of success, he hasn't and he would do well to keeop a low profile until he has something to talk about. Who he keeps as his friends is his own business, but if I was him, if he does make it, he should be careful that friends like Tweedy don't become hangers on as often befalls successful sportsmen.
  • When I've seen Mr Wright play I have been reasonably impressed.
  • Let's hope for Charltons sake that he comes through as a good player. Although I must say anyone who says that Preistfield is a nice ground must be just a little deluded.