Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - one dayer- England v W Indies

W.Indies won the toss and England bat first. It's overcast and seems more like Manchester than Barbados. Freddy is in for Harmy.

Will be a Duckworth - Lewis finish FACT.

1.30 start

Comments

• Options
    Solid start by England no wickets down yet :-)

Rain delayed start of play, no play as yet :-(
  • Options
    Dear Oh Dear - 17/2 with both Strauss and Bopara out trying to hook Edwards.
  • Options
    Why oh why are we so utterly useless and limited overs cricket? We've never ever got the blend right and have always struggled. Let's face it we only won the first ODI because of a monumental fook up by the WIs in the D/L method...

22-2
  • Options
    Watching the game (Pietersen just out, btw) , I got to wondering why cricket commentators don't speak normal English...

Nasser Hussain : "Shah is taking on fluid'' Translation: he's having a drink.

David Gower: "There was too much grunt on that ball''. Translation: Edwards dug it in too short.
  • Options
    42-4 Pietersen goes the same way - pulling. Shah caught at point.

Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Bugger.

We're gonna get cuffed again.
  • Options
    Doh !!
  • Options
    We've seen some poor English one-day sides over the past few years.

Is this the worst of the lot though?
  • Options
    Unbelievable - Flintoff out pulling, too - for a duck.

43-5...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Unbelievable - Flintoff out pulling, too - for a duck.

43-5...

So that's four out of five out pulling. Do we think shot selection is an issue by chance?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Ludicrous. The wickets in Guyana were slow and low. As soon as we get on a pitch with a bit of pace and bounce .... like lemmings.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Ludicrous. The wickets in Guyana were slow and low. As soon as we get on a pitch with a bit of pace and bounce .... like lemmings.

That's why we left our quickest bowler out ;-)
  • Options
    Make that 54-6. Collingwood LBW Bravo.

Thank goodness I'm off out shopping with the wife!
  • Options
    Backed the Windies at 10/11 - can't believe this one was priced up as an even contest - so at least I should be profiting from our ineptness...
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yep, we get to Barbados where the Windies pacemen have terrified batsmen for years on quick pitches and we leave out both Harmison and Khan, who might have been interesting on this wicket.

Trust that Andy Flower will not be getting the permanent job of England coach. He's got to be the worst caretaker since....oh, er, Phil Parkinson !!!

ps: so if like the Charlton board, the ECB are judging their man on results, I suppose we can expect him to be confirmed in the post following our next defeat ...
  • Options
    Now they're blaming the fact "that the balls gone soft" !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]W.Indies won the toss and England bat first. It's overcast and seems more like Manchester than Barbados. Freddy is in for Harmy.

Will be a Duckworth - Lewis finish FACT.

1.30 start

55/6

England batting like Vera Duckworth - fact.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    68-8...we need another 19 to beat out lowest ever ODI total.

Can we do it ?
  • Options
    Spot the difference, Charlton football team and England cricket team. There is no difference, they're both hopeless.

Good news is I can't see us losing any more wickets for a while..................................... It's raining.
  • Options
    Kudos to whoever came up with that nickname for Kevin Pieterson...
    'Dumbslog Millionaire'. That's genius!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Dumbslog Millionaire ! Yes, inspired.

Unlike our batting.

Afraid the rain's stopped so they're playing again. The end must be near!
  • Options
    Mascarenhas and Batty rallying....now we're rollocking along at 78-8 ;o)
  • Options
    I'm now changing channels to avoid the final stages of the England debacle and watching South Africa v Australia instead !
  • Options
    117 all out. Extras was our 2nd highest scorer. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Is he new ? Not heard of him before :-)
  • Options
    Pietersen - aka Dumbslog Millionaire - is so annoying.

This is what he says in the Daily Mail this morning : "What happened drained me mentally ...It's been a heck of a tough time and I'm at the end of my tether now. Really and truly I can't wait to get home."

What he really means, of course, is sod England, I can't wait to get off to the IPL and earn a million for captaining the Bangalore Royal Challengers.

Surely, if he's so exhausted, he should now be saying : "I'm mentally drained so I've decided to withdraw from the IPL to get my head right for England and the Ashes this summer''.

No chance...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Make that 54-6. Collingwood LBW Bravo.

Thank goodness I'm off out shopping with the wife!

LOL - just got back to see Gayle reach his hard earned 50. Off 27 balls that is!!!
  • Options
    Great 20-20 game between S Africa and Australia, and superb win for South Africa.

That's how you play one day cricket, England.
  • Options
    Windies said they wanted to put their foot on our throat & today they've done it. Good on 'em, good for the game in general...

RAIN YOU BUGGER!!!
  • Options
    Devastatng critique from Graham Thorpe in the studio of England's performance.

He blamed lack of preparation for the bouncy pitch, lack of directon from the coach/management and said Pietersen's preposterous Daily Mail article had unsettled the dressing room.

Absolute bloody shambles.

The only game we've won on the entire tour was when John Dyson handed us the match on a plate after he misread the Duckworth-Lewis rules !!!

Andy Flower simply cannot now get the job on a permanent basis.

Mind you, we said that about Parkinson last December when Charlton were in the middle of a similarly depressing run !