Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Late night working/travel for ladies

For many many years i have picked my Mrs up from work. As a chef she works late and the thought of her n the nite bus or late trains is a no no for me. Sometimes it has f**ked up my drinking plans and on a cold nite its a pain to come out of the warm and start driving at midnight. In the last few weeks we have seen a black cab driver who may have attacked 200 women and the scum bag who attacked women using night buses ,possibly as many as 100. Sometimes im sure it was me being paranoid re picking her up everynight, but sometimes there are/is filth out there worse than any Stephen King novel.
As for the Old Bill ----------- just what do they do these days ? they dont give a shit re your motor being nicked or your house being burgled. They cant ccatch rapists. Mind you they are good at nicking people for traffic offences. They do are very difficult job blah blah yep shame they are shit at it though.
For all you peeps that work as Facilities Managers , Unionists, etc i had The Suzi Lamplou Trust give two lectures re women defending themselves when coming home from work or a nite out etc they are very very good. Worth it.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]For many many years i have picked my Mrs up from work. As a chef she works late and the thought of her n the nite bus or late trains is a no no for me. Sometimes it has f**ked up my drinking plans and on a cold nite its a pain to come out of the warm and start driving at midnight. In the last few weeks we have seen a black cab driver who may have attacked 200 women and the scum bag who attacked women using night buses ,possibly as many as 100. Sometimes im sure it was me being paranoid re picking her up everynight, but sometimes there are/is filth out there worse than any Stephen King novel.
    As for the Old Bill
    just what do they do these days ? they dont give a shit re your motor being nicked or your house being burgled. They cant ccatch rapists. Mind you they are good at nicking people for traffic offences. They do are very difficult job blah blah yep shame she are shit at it though.
    For all you peeps that work as Facilities Managers , Unionists, etc i had The Suzi Lamplou Trust give two lectures re women defending themselves when coming home from work or a nite out etc they are very very good. Worth it.

Mate, did you see the appeal in the London handout papers the other day, some guy got on a train at Waterloo East, late train, sexually assaulted a woman who was sat on her own, several times, got off at Blackheath, they issued a CCTV of him etc.
  • no mate just came through Blackheath station didnt see a thing.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]For many many years i have picked my Mrs up from work. As a chef she works late and the thought of her n the nite bus or late trains is a no no for me. Sometimes it has f**ked up my drinking plans and on a cold nite its a pain to come out of the warm and start driving at midnight. In the last few weeks we have seen a black cab driver who may have attacked 200 women and the scum bag who attacked women using night buses ,possibly as many as 100. Sometimes im sure it was me being paranoid re picking her up everynight, but sometimes there are/is filth out there worse than any Stephen King novel.
    As for the Old Bill
    just what do they do these days ? they dont give a shit re your motor being nicked or your house being burgled. They cant ccatch rapists. Mind you they are good at nicking people for traffic offences. They do are very difficult job blah blah yep shame she are shit at it though.

Mate, did you see the appeal in the London handout papers the other day, some guy got on a train at Waterloo East, late train, sexually assaulted a woman who was sat on her own, several times, got off at Blackheath, they issued a CCTV of him etc.

And no one saw or heard anything? Late trains are usually quite busy plus it would've had to stop at london bridge as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]For many many years i have picked my Mrs up from work. As a chef she works late and the thought of her n the nite bus or late trains is a no no for me. Sometimes it has f**ked up my drinking plans and on a cold nite its a pain to come out of the warm and start driving at midnight. In the last few weeks we have seen a black cab driver who may have attacked 200 women and the scum bag who attacked women using night buses ,possibly as many as 100. Sometimes im sure it was me being paranoid re picking her up everynight, but sometimes there are/is filth out there worse than any Stephen King novel.
    As for the Old Bill

And no one saw or heard anything? Late trains are usually quite busy plus it would've had to stop at london bridge as well.

Apparently not, quite a clear photo, black guy, goatee beard, beige or mustard mac on with a laptop bag
  • It's a worry but you can't let this things rule your life or you would never leave the house. I'm often on the late train home on my own and have never had any bother at all. I have been to a Suzy Lamplugh Trust talk and agree that they are very good - I still have the handouts that they gave me. I think they go to a lot of City firms.

The Blackheath thing is a bit concerning though as I was fast asleep on the train after a night out a couple of weeks ago passing through there :-( Out tomorrow night as well and because of engineering works I have to change onto a bus at Dartford - not looking forward to hanging around there at 1am in the freezing cold.
  • As for the Old Bill

The current prison population is around 80,000 - I wonder how they got arrested, unless they are all in for traffic offences...
  • The mark of a civilised society imho opinion is that its members are able to go about their everyday/night business without fear or restriction. I do not believe that our society can currently offer that. I know that I do not feel particularly safe on the streets at night. Street violence and crime should be given a number one priority by the police and resourced to reflect this.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]As for the Old Bill

The current prison population is around 80,000 - I wonder how they got arrested, unless they are all in for traffic offences...

Well that is true BFR, however I have just read The Policing Pledge :-

ANYTHING YOU SAY MAY BE TAKEN DOWN AND USED AS EVIDENCE

"One of the promises is to listen to any issues you may have about crime in your area. They also promise to keep you informed of action taken and the progress they have made".

Well that's great, thanks very much. I presume they are admitting that before this new pledge they didn't, otherwise why the pledge?
  • On a separate police related note we got pulled over by the highway cops yesterday morning, doing 124km/hr in a 100 zone. My Missus was driving, she is a terrible driver!! I was out of my mind on pain killers as I had surgery on my nose the previous day & I looked a sight with two black eyes & bloody bandage round my face, the cop was pretty shocked - he asked if I'd been beaten up - I said no I was rushing to get back into hospital to try & stop the bleeding.

He wasn't that sympathetic though & was gonna start writing the ticket when I said you don't believe me do you & I started to pull the bandage off so he could see the full horror of the blood & stuff dripping out of my mangled nose.

He quickly changed his mind, put the notebook away & said you better get to hospital quick - and walked back to his car.

Very surreal experience as I was neither here nor there on the painkillers.

Don't think its very common to get off a speeding ticket when they pull you over with the old blue lights flashing!