Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

curbs style

which style of football do you think curbs will adopt at whu.
will he impose the style that we had a few years ago where he played full backs in front of full backs, as well as full backs in central midfield positions making us difficult to break down ,(watch out konch). or will he adopt the style of the last couple of years when trying to take cafc a step further (europe etc) yet imo not having the ability to man manage so called stars.
i think the whu fans expecting the 'total football the whu way' could be a bit miffed whatever style he decides.
part of me wants him to succeed (not at our expense), but another part wants me to be able to say 'i told you so' to fans of both cafc and other clubs that thought curbs could do no wrong and isn't immune from criticism.

Comments

• Options
    it might show how patient we were as fans...

...but then again West Ham havent been through all the crap we have.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    depends on what the board expect from him.if they want expansive football but with the high gamble that this is the fast track to relegation but will keep the fans happ then i am sure he can deliver though the gamble is offset slightly as he may have far more money to play with than here at charlton.if the board say stay up at all costs but no more money, then i think their fans may have mixed feelings at the price to pay for survival.
  • Options
    He's a quality manager. we went up playing some great stuff, 2 widemen, expansive game. Got up in the prem and had to consolidate, played narrow football with 4 cm along the middle makeing us hard to break down. We weren't good enough to out football sides so had to play tight (and boring football) To push on he tried to open the style of play up and brought in widemen (his prefered style IMHO) when it went pear shaped he went back and consolidated the expansive football and played tighter more defensive. With £50m there is no reason why he couldn't develop the side he wants. There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be a success.
  • Options
    he certainly play a more expansive game, he has better quality players there.

Here he managed within his budget. There his budget will be far greater.
  • Options
    You have to say, he is going to turn whu into cafc!
    Wonder how the Konch feels at this moment?
    Will he bring in MERV?
    With all that money, he will turn the stars into propper crap charlton players!
    Interesting times ahead for the Wesh Tam aferletic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Will he bring in MERV? quote]

He has already.