Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

5pm deadline today

Clubs have until 5pm today to go into admistration, likly candidates include stockport chelthnam and grimsby. No mention of us on sky sports which is great but they made a point of how it can help a club come back stronger of course not in every case but who will sign on by 5pm?

Comments

• Forest, Southampton and Watford.......we might stay up then...;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Clubs have until 5pm today to go into admistration, likly candidates include stockport chelthnam and grimsby. No mention of us on sky sports which is great but they made a point of how it can help a club come back stronger of course not in every case but who will sign on by 5pm?

Not quite so.

Clubs can go in administration whenever they choose.

The deadline means that after today the League can decide whether to deduct the points this season or next.

This is to stop clubs who are already relegated or safe taking the hit of 10 points very late on as a dodge, as Leeds and Boston did, when the punishment is meaningless.

PS Charlton are not going into Administration.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Forest, Southampton and Watford.......we might stay up then...;o)

But we'd still have to win two games at least ; - (
  • But Henry - I have heard it from a very strong source....
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]But Henry - I have heard it from averystrong source....

Not good enough. Has to be a "very strong" rumour AND from a "reliable" source to be true : - )
  • I wonder which is more unlikely : Watford, Southampton and Forest going into administration by 5pm tonight - or Charlton winning two of their remaining seven games?
  • the latter methinks!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Clubs have until 5pm today to go into admistration, likly candidates include stockport chelthnam and grimsby. No mention of us on sky sports which is great but they made a point of how it can help a club come back stronger of course not in every case but who will sign on by 5pm?

Not quite so.

The deadline means that after today the League can decide whether to deduct the points this season or next.

This is to stop clubs who are already relegated or safe taking the hit of 10 points very late on as a dodge, as Leeds and Boston did, when the punishment is meaningless.

PS Charlton arenotgoing into Administration.

The thing is - the guy in front of me says "We simply must go into Administration - we have no alternative" So with this in mind I think we are doomed!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Clubs have until 5pm today to go into admistration, likly candidates include stockport chelthnam and grimsby. No mention of us on sky sports which is great but they made a point of how it can help a club come back stronger of course not in every case but who will sign on by 5pm?

Not quite so.

PS Charlton arenotgoing into Administration.

The thing is - the guy in front of me says "We simply must go into Administration - we have no alternative" So with this in mind I think we are doomed!

Well, I'm sorry Swisdom, if TGIF says it, you have to take heed, dont you know nuffink?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think there is a programme on radio Five Live tonight (8pm-9pm?) about the Championship and its financial problems.
  • I'll tune in and slit my wrists!
  • [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]I think there is a programme on radio Five Live tonight (8pm-9pm?) about the Championship and its financial problems.

With special reference to the bottom of the table ie Charlton and Southamption according to the preview... :-(
  • no one will go into administration today
  • Sam Sodje to Leeds on loan
    Dexter Blackstock to Forest on loan
    Simon Walton to Blackpool on loan
  • Kazenga LuaLua [Newcastle - Doncaster] Loan
  • Major movement! Can't wait to the cricket season.
  • [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]wooo

ricflair.jpg