Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players moving on

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Was thinking over the weekend that I wouldn't be surprised to see Andy Gray go back to Burnley in the summer (had a quiet weekend!).

There's bound to be a lot of players leaving The Valley but who do you reckon will go and where?

Comments

• Options
    Most will be picked up at Championship level i think.

Unless Shelvey is picked up to fill a reserve team, can't see anyone going to a prem club
  • Options
    i wonder where zheng zhi will end up. before he re-joined us there were meant to be premier league teams interested and possibly celtic too, if i remember right. His reputation will have suffered from the last two seasons but i'm not sure how much. maybe he could end up in the premier league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i wonder where zheng zhi will end up. before he re-joined us there were meant to be premier league teams interested and possibly celtic too, if i remember right. His reputation will have suffered from the last two seasons but i'm not sure how much. maybe he could end up in the premier league

Can't see it myself, I think AFKA is right and anybody that leaves will do well to join a Championship club, we have no Prem quality "Stars", even Jonjo, he is too young.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Most will be picked up at Championship level i think.

Unless Shelvey is picked up to fill a reserve team, can't see anyone going to a prem club

I could see Bailey joining a promoted team, Wolves or Sheff Utd etc etc. ZZ would do better in the PL than the Chamoionship imo and on a free I can see Fulham, Wigan, Sunderland etc interested. Hudson is a Championship player and because of wages I can see us wanting to offload.
  • Options
    lots of players wil be heading back up the M1 T'North.. Gray, Weaver, etc... expect bigger champiosnhip team to for ZZ ala Wolves Sheff Utd etc (Sheff u already have links with China so no brainer there) ambrose could get a move to ipswich as a squad player only, Hudson would do a job for a Norwich / bristol city team. Gray to Burnely or somewhere, Shelvey to West Ham FACT ;-) Dickson could get snapped by millwall or newly promoted team from league one. Intresting times ahead... For me as i have said Parky needs to get all the players together at training and say 'Hands up who wants to Stay and Hands up who is going' all those going Damien Matthew will take you into the reserves whats left well done you have 7 games to earn your shirt for next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite] For me as i have said Parky needs to get all the players together at training and say 'Hands up who wants to Stay and Hands up who is going' all those going Damien Matthew will take you into the reserves whats left well done you have 7 games to earn your shirt for next year.

on that basis I can't see us picking up another point with just five players on the pitch !!
  • Options
    5 first team and the rest with young hungry home grown talent would be happy with that Large to be honest, even if we lose every game here on in at least were watching players who care and want to help and give somthing back to the club not jump ship like a drowing rat...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]5 first team and the rest with young hungry home grown talent would be happy with that Large to be honest, even if we lose every game here on in at least were watching players who care and want to help and give somthing back to the club not jump ship like a drowing rat...

my five included the young hungry nhome grown talent !! In fact, that is all that is left.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]5 first team and the rest with young hungry home grown talent would be happy with that Large to be honest, even if we lose every game here on in at least were watching players who care and want to help and give somthing back to the club not jump ship like a drowing rat...

I'm sure that if our hungry home grown talent was any good they would be on the fringes just like shelvey.
    Mcgelish back at the valley to spearhead our forward line!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Mcgelish back at the valley to spearhead our forward line!!

would go for Charlie MacDonald myself mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McDonald and Lisbie could fire us to promotion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Was thinking over the weekend that I wouldn't be surprised to see Andy Gray go back to Burnley in the summer (had a quiet weekend!).

Gray linked with move back to Sheff Utd, though it's not a reliable source.

A lot of them will find Championship clubs and look decent players next season. Can't see any signing for Prem clubs, maybe Zheng with a promoted club. He might go abroad though.
  • Options
    If and i say IF we can keep the spine together : Elliot, Hudson/Fourtune Racon/Bailey/ Jon Jo Dickson with an addition of some experiance and some raw talent i think we will be fine next term, the right manager tho needed if only there was a thread on that..
  • Options
    Stuart Fleetwood, B&Q, or possibly McDonalds
  • Options
    Cant really get my head around this.

Would expect the financial climate to limit the Championship clubs squad levels and general payroll.

On the other hand the January 2009 transfer window was the highest by capital value for the Premiership.

My best hope for Jon Jo is that he goes to a Prem club that are happy to loan him back for a season.
  • Options
    Andy Gray rumoured to be interesting Sheff U (as mentioned on another thread).
  • Options
    yeah, I think there might be an exodus that resembles something similar to the one that took place following our relegation from the prem. Back then, a large number of the core team either went back to the prem or to foreign climes; the majority of our current bunch will probably end up back in the championship. And the frustrating thing is that they'll probably look like decent players in their new teams!
  • Options
    Zheng Zhi could do a job at Glasgow Rangers?