Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who should we keep.who should we dump

keep elliot semedo zz shelvey butterfield hudson holland bailey spring dickson sam
dump weaver moutou youga gray todorov ambrose basey burton
jurys out fortune racon kandol sores

Comments

• Options
    Jury's out on Racon?

Heaven's Above ....
  • Options
    How can you say keep Butterfield, and then say you are unsure about Racon??

Madness, pure madness!
  • Options
    Keep Butterfield? I'm not convinced by Spring either.

Jurys out on Fortune and Racon? They might go if they get offers from Championship clubs, but if we can we should be looking to keep both of them. Racon's been one of our best players and he's barely played all season.
  • Options
    butterfields a quality player and highly rated by palace fans i know.but his been chucked in the deep end at a club going down the tubes
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]keep elliot semedo zz shelvey butterfield hudson holland bailey spring dickson sam
    jurys out fortune racon kandol sores[/quote]

ZZ and Shelvey will go.

Racon and Bailey and Elliot are the only essential keeps.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]butterfields a quality player and highly rated by palace fans i know.but his been chucked in the deep end at a club going down the tubes[/quote]

WIND UP ALERT !!!!!
  • Options
    fortune is so hit and miss.he will play a blinder one week and look like my aunty hilda the next.a bit like konchesky in that respect
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]butterfields a quality player and highly rated by palace fans i know.but his been chucked in the deep end at a club going down the tubes

WIND UP ALERT !!!!!

yep this fella has got palace fan written all over his comments
  • Options
    ha ha just cos i loved david whyte dont make me palarse
  • Options
    yeah, the repetitive posts about best/worst/keep/get rid are getting tiresome.

Try some variation in your life
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Try getting a life you palace fruit

well said henry;-)
  • Options
    Dump parky, and keep kinsella/holland dream team.
  • Options
    KEEP:

Elliot, Randolph; Hudson, Semedo, Fortune, Basey, Solly, Thomas; Bailey, Shelvey, Holland, Wright, Wagstaff, Sam, Racon, Yussuff, Arter; Dickson

2 GK - 6 DF - 9 MF - 1 FW

DUMP:

Weaver; Moutaoukil, Youga; Zhi, Ambrose, Spring, Sinclair, Christensen; Gray, Todorov, Fleetwood, Mcleod, Burton

1 GK - 2 DF - 5 MF - 5 FW

Then Build on the defence add a Left Midfielder/Winger and strikeforce
  • Options
    I can see your point but to be honest i think a few will want to go and some will have to leave for there wages are to high

Hudson, sam and fortune to high
    Bailey may want to go
  • Options
    I do find it quite funny that the majority of players who people want to keep on here have been the mainstay of our wonderful team this year.

Do people not blame the players at all? Is it squarely at the manager's feet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do people not blame the players at all? Is it squarely at the manager's feet?

no the coach's have a lot to answer for as well ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I can see your point but to be honest i think a few will want to go and some will have to leave for there wages are to high

Hudson, sam and fortune to high
    Bailey may want to go

Sam high wages? Higher than some but I think he'll stay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Sam high wages? Higher than some but I think he'll stay

hes been earning a prem wages for awhile now, he cut me up in his Land Rover when i was driving for the council on riefield road bout 3 years ago never forgiven him... i would say 10-15k a week easy.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2009
    Sam will stay - he is in the Fortune mould of being comfortable in where he is, what he's earning etc.

Some say lack of ability - I say lack of ambition to push on.

No way is he on anything remotely close to £10k i'd suggest.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Important to distinguish between who we would like to keep and who realistically we will keep.

My list is biased towards the second of those.

GK Elliot
    Randolph

FB Solly
    Youga
    Basey
    AN Other (Murty?)

CH Fortune
    Semedo
    Ward (maybe)
    AN Other (Sodje?)

MF Sam
    Shelvey
    Racon
    Bailey
    Spring
    Wright
    Yussuf
    AN Other ( a winger or Holland)

Strikers Dickson
    Burton
    Mcleod
    AN Other (Kandol possibly)

plus half a dozen or so youngsters eg Lee the keeper, Mambo, Clark, Stavrianou etc

Spring and Burton are "Parky's men" so are almost certain to stay if Parky does. I have to admit that Fortune, Bailey, Shelvey and Racon are more in the hope they will rather than asserting they definitely will stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Sam high wages? Higher than some but I think he'll stay

hes been earning a prem wages for awhile now, he cut me up in his Land Rover when i was driving for the council on riefield road bout 3 years ago never forgiven him... i would say 10-15k a week easy.

He signed a new contract as a promising (but slightly older than the average) youngster when Dowie came in. Remember he was never a first team player until we got relegated, and hasn't signed a new contract since.
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]AN Other (Sodje?)

He's out of contract in the summer, signed a 3 year deal with Reading at the start of 06/07. Rate him as average at Championship level but he'd be a good defender in League One.
  • Options
    I seriously doubt that a youth player who has only come into the first team reckoning in the last few years is on anything like £10-£15k per week.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Last Boy Scout[/cite]Dump parky, and keep kinsella/holland dream team.[/quote]

Dream team??? What the fuck has Holland ever done for Charlton?

Agree re: Kinsella though
  • Options
    Out with obvious ones....Ambrose, Zhi, Weaver, Holland, Todorov, Butterfield. Loan out Wagstaff & Dicskon for 3 months. Keep...both other goalies, Moo2, Semedo, Ward, Fortune, Hudson, Youga, Basey, Bailey, Spring, Racon, Wright, Shelvey, Sam, Gray, McLeod, Burton, Kandol and a handful of the younger ones I haven't seen. Semedo is the cover at full-back, CH and midfield. Basey is cover for left hand side. Pray that Gray is fit and starts scoring, assume that Bailey will get double figures, hope that McLeod gets a few and that the defence is good enough for us not to have to score two goals every week just to get a point. Get rid of Parky and let me do it for no wages for a year and then bring in someone else.
  • Options
    Get rid of Deon Burton
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]keep elliot semedo zz shelvey butterfield hudson holland bailey spring dickson sam
    jurys out fortune racon kandol sores[/quote]

keep elliot zizi(unlikely ) shelvey hudson holland bailey dickson sam kandol fortune

dump weaver butterfield youga gray burton toddy

keep moutou if parkinsella wants him

maybe spring ambrose semedo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]

Well, I couldn't hazard a guess exactly how much he's earning.
    But Dowie gave him a 5 year contract 3 years ago, if I remember rightly.

And we were in the Prem at the time. . So probably earning a fair wedge - more than say Dicko or Neon 'the light of our side' Burton.