Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Launch Of Dyson Calculator Ends In Disaster......

What an absolute tool......

The look on Chris Gayle's face when the result was confirmed was priceless.

Hope you were watching Riscardo!

Comments

• Options
    As Bumble was saying - Farcicle
  • Options
    i'm lost, can someone explain ?
  • Options
    England just beat the Windies by 1 run on the D/L method. Reason being their twat of a coach did his sums wrong and took them off for bad light and handed England the game.
  • Options
    And incase you hadn't guessed the coaches name is Dyson.
  • Options
    I'm still chuckling now! :-)
  • Options
    In the words of Mr Kamara. Unbelievable.

But it does highlight a problem. The fans and everybody should clearly know the status as every ball is delivered.

God I hope I get a chance to do a Windies tour sometime.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]In the words of Mr Kamara. Unbelievable.

But it does highlight a problem. The fans and everybody should clearly know the status as every ball is delivered.

God I hope I get a chance to do a Windies tour sometime.

The crowd did know. The scoreboard had the par score on it and the Windies were 1 run behind. Hence the lack of celebrations when they went off.

When the camera went on the Windies dressing room you could see Ramdin & Chanderpal pointing at the scoreboard and then giving Dyson a dirty look.

Interesting to see if he keeps his job. It has only ever happened once before. South Africa did it the World Cup. Pollock nearly got lynched if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    Well Sky didnt seem completely sure for a while and Hussein and Lloyd were decidedly cagey for a while.

But I am getting pissed and even the laptop is a bit out of focus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Well Sky didnt seem completely sure for a while and Hussein and Lloyd were decidedly cagey for a while.

But I am getting pissed and even the laptop is a bit out of focus.

I'm guessing both of them were trying to avoid looking as much of a twat as Dyson. Inside I am guessing they were pissing themselves laughing. Would have interesting if Beefy or Ian Bishop had been commentating!.
  • Options
    I bet Harmison is a tad relieved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To true......he did appear to be taking on the "Agent" role. 26 off one over and then a dropped dolly an over later!
  • Options
    absolute classic
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yet again international cricket is ludicrous. It's sort of endearing? Or on the other hand it's pitiful? It certainly won't raise the image of WIndies cricket for their young uns
    ps. Had enough of Harmison now?
  • Options
    Dyson's explanation was that he was looking at the wrong column after their last wicket fell. He could have looked at the scoreboard. PMSL.
  • Options
    Dyson was one of the names in the frame for new England coach. One trusts he has now been crossed off the list...

Or perhaps, his 'error' last night was a cack-handed attempt to curry favour with his possble new employers : ''I know. I'll hand England the game on a statisitcal misreading and then the ECB might offer me the job!''

I don't think so, Mr Dyson. TIme to clean up your act. (sorry ....I'll get my coat).
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Interesting to see if he keeps his job. It has only ever happened once before. South Africa did it the World Cup. Pollock nearly got lynched if I remember rightly.

I doubt that the Windies would sack someone over that - he's just overseen their first Test series victory in five years. The loss of a ODI under such circumstances is nothing.
  • Options
    I genuinely feel sorry for the guy but more so for the fans who paid for a ticket. They should be refunded.

I cant help think that this could be better displayed by the scoring system and the Umpires. Eg in any D/L game there is a green light over the team that is winning. That sort of thing.

I think the team should be able to confer with the Umpires as to what the correct situation is.

Shame because it could have been a very exciting finish.
  • Options
    No sympathy, he used the light situation to what he thought was his advantage, and muffed it.

Had the Windies been in the position he thought they were, the fans would have seen no more cricket than they already had, only the result would have been different.
  • Options
    lol we could have done with a few like him taking their teams off at half time and the score line standing! we'd be in the play offs now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]What an absolute tool......

The look on Chris Gayle's face when the result was confirmed was priceless.

Hope you were watching Riscardo!

Yes I was watching, I think Dyson is still in with the match ref now ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the team should be able to confer with the Umpires as to what the correct situation is.

No need, the scoreboard has situation according to Duckworth-Lewis displayed for all to see, too bad they didn't bother looking at the scoreboard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think the team should be able to confer with the Umpires as to what the correct situation is.

No need, the scoreboard has situation according to Duckworth-Lewis displayed for all to see, too bad they didn't bother looking at the scoreboard.

Not sure if that is strictly correct. I think it was showing the position at the end of the previous over and before the wicket was taken. It wasnt that clear cut to Lloyd and Hussein either.
  • Options
    In any case Dyson as coach has access to a book which would have told him exactly what the situation was with seven wickets down as opposed to six.

A basic mistake, but the WI look like they are going to win today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]In any case Dyson as coach has access to a book which would have told him exactly what the situation was with seven wickets down as opposed to six.

A basic mistake, but the WI look like they are going to win today.

Misses my point. There should have not been a shred of doubt at that point in time to everybody watching. And there was.
  • Options
    Really should be playing this series in sunny Kent.

About time we had a summer break in cricket for the awful weather we suffer in June/July and August.
  • Options
    After losing the 2nd 1 dayer (& we'd probably have lost the 1st if it'd been played out?) & losing the Test Series, I can't see ANY improvement in the England side. Windies have some good bowling & Sarwan, Chanderpaul, etc. as core batsmen & have improved their fielding. What the flip have England gained from this tour?! We're just fiddling around pointlessly!
    Deep breath & relax...
  • Options
    Todays match played in front of the largest crowd at a cricket match in Guyana.

Bravo back with aplomb