Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If and more likely when D.Bent does go .......

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
who's going to fill the massive void left by him and will we ever have another striker who scores over 20 goals in all competitions in 1 season

Comments

• Options
    Lisbie is only young, give him time and i'm sure he'll be up to the job.
  • Options
    maybe just relying on the one goalscorer has been part of our downfall.
  • Options
    I hope you are being sarcastic WSS?
  • Options
    Come on, we've seen his potential, he scored a hat-trick against Liverpool.

How many other people have done that?
  • Options
    He's 27 years old, he will prob retire in 3 years! He is Dogshit.
  • Options
    I know but every club has a main goalscorer,i can't see Lisbie scoring 10 goals in the championship let alone the premiership
  • Options
    It's only because of injuries that has hampered his progress. I think he could have a real impact at Charlton given a decent run in the team.
  • Options
    True but what the hell has he done apart from that hat-trick
  • Options
    He's made use of that treatment table. I bet he's got his own pimped up Treatment Table. Bling!
  • Options
    He works hard for the team causes problems for defences and gets himself into some great positions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with that WWS but if the man could shoot he would be world class.
  • Options
    Its ok getting into some great positions but as a striker people look at your goals ratio and Lisbie's aint that clever.He gets pushed off the ball too easy and his finishing needs alot of working on.I can't beleive Lisbie is the only option
  • Options
    Seriously guys, i think he is gash as well, just banter
  • Options
    Thank f*** for that,i was just calling a doctor so you could get your head tested.I think gash is a very polite way of describing him.
  • Options
    Who Could we buy to Help Bent?
  • Options
    There has to be other options,i know we're not gona sign any massive names but there is some very decent strikers in the championship that could do a better job than JFH,M.Bent,Lisbie etc..
  • Options
    He needs a striker to either:

1.) be a target man to flick balls on that he can run onto
    2.) drop into midfield and feed ball throughs so he can get behind the defense.

Thats what Benty does best but when he is up top on his own he finds he difficult as he is usually faced with two centre backs
  • Options
    I don't think either of the Bent's will be there long enough to require help
  • Options
    We cant afford anyone so it must be a loan signing. Anyone decent will be at other clubs.
  • Options
    Alan Smith?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The old arsenal striker? Cant be worse than Lisbie! Geoff Horsfield? Barry Hales? Steve Claridge? Michael Owen? Nugent? Healy?
  • Options
    I think with Henrik coming into Man U there might be a chance to get Smith even if there is an option for Man U to call him back whenever they want.

Good fight, good passion and a good striker.
  • Options
    Good shout but can't see us getting him
  • Options
    Freddy Eastwood?
  • Options
    I don't want an Eastwood playing for Charlton no matter how good he is.

he is currently fighting with the council because he has built a house on some green belt land.

typical
  • Options
    AT least if we signed him he could ditch the pikey site for a plush appartment in Canary Wharf
  • Options
    Na Eastwood is white!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    His mobile home is better than my flat