Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++UPDATED AGAIN- Charlton Live- End of an era++++++

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]OK, we could do the phone calls via Skype.Brian and Glynne did that on Charlton Plus

We need a studio that we can all get to - Any ideas??

Ofcom don't know anything, allegedly.

3Blokes may be the man to talk to about a studio
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]OK, we could do the phone calls via Skype.Brian and Glynne did that on Charlton Plus

We need a studio that we can all get to - Any ideas??

Ofcom don't know anything, allegedly.

3Blokes may be the man to talk to about a studio

I'm sure Michelle would love us all trampling into John's den!! ;-)

Maybe Mr. Westagaard would like to help out??
  • Options
    Just an idea.

Maybe Chirpy red could speak with Colin From Conflict, does Colin have any access to a studio,does he know any one who might be able to help.

What about Chris difford from Squeeze, does he have a studio, and could it be used?

Just thinking out loud.
  • Options
    Yes, it's time for the Dr. Goebbels
    Show!

A long time ago there were pirates
    Beaming waves from the sea
    But now all the stations are silenced
    'cos they ain't got a government license

Tower Block, Transmitter, White Van for quick get away when OB turn up. Sorted.
  • Options
    Charlton live was a valuable communication tool for the club, I for one will miss it.

Always though it struggled a little when mark was not involved,and the club should have supported the station when we went into the prem IMO.

It was a great commentary, biased and 100 percent Charlton, because the guys runnning it were fans. Did not always agree with the comments from the pundits, but that's life/football as they say........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I think he was joking wasnt he ?[/quote]

Memo to self: Must start putting smiley face things when attempting humour as the humour seldom stands up on its own.

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Charlton live was a valuable communication tool for the club, I for one will miss it.

Always though it struggled a little when mark was not involved,and the club should have supported the station when we went into the prem IMO.

It was a great commentary, biased and 100 percent Charlton, because the guys runnning it were fans. Did not always agree with the comments from the pundits, but that's life/football as they say........

Thanks Ken,

I have to say though, I sincerely hope I didn't come across as a 'pundit' and apologise if that was the case.

I suppose it's a generic term for anyone who comments on football matters, but I am just a fan who has had the extremely fortunate opportunity to do radio and with the added fortune of a show specific to this great club of ours.

Let's hope someone gets the opportunity to keep it going and even better expand upon it to take the show back to it's halcyon days.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who contributed to what was a hugely entertaining experience, but especially to Dave, Dan and John for giving me the opportunity to be part of it.
  • Options
    at least now they'll stop calling you 'Tel'

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]at least now they'll stop calling you 'Tel'

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now now, could of been worse, you should of heard what they called me off air!! :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Charlton live was a valuable communication tool for the club, I for one will miss it.

Thanks Ken,

I have to say though, I sincerely hope I didn't come across as a 'pundit' and apologise if that was the case.

I suppose it's a generic term for anyone who comments on football matters, but I am just a fan who has had the extremely fortunate opportunity to do radio and with the added fortune of a show specific to this great club of ours.

Let's hope someone gets the opportunity to keep it going and even better expand upon it to take the show back to it's halcyon days.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who contributed to what was a hugely entertaining experience, but especially to Dave, Dan and John for giving me the opportunity to be part of it.

I hope you guys dont mind if I just say a fews words.

Tel (sorry) The same goes for me just a fan. Even when I presented the program after Mark left I only did, so as not to lose it. I thank all those people that helped and supported me during those times it was tuff let me tell you.

It has been a pleasure working with Tel(sorry) Dave, Dan. It saddens me more than you know to see it end this way having given 13 years of my life to the cause, that was local radio and most importantly I worked hard to make sure that we got the best coverage for our great club.

I had much opposition within the powers that be and was often accused of turning the station in to Charlton fm. To see the club I love and the station I worked hard for in this position is not nice to say the least.

I guess that's life as they say!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oi Sparkle.................wanna have to change your name to Dull?????

no

then stop calling him Tel

it's Terrence FFS!!!!!!!!

;-)
  • Options
    Terrence all this time we work togeather and I never knew. I bow my head in shame!
  • Options
    There was me thinking it was Mr Killers beard.

Oi Tel's lil sis - gis a smile!?!?!?

Jon - You are a legend and we will return!
  • Options
    I used to enjoy our little 'sunday night therapy sessions' and I especially used to like it when there was a 'disagreement' between fans.... to me and I think to many that tuned in the more 'negative supporters' as I regard myself as, or critical is because the club is part of our blood,in our DNA not just a kick about in the grass. I remember going on a few years back and pleading that Charlton should not move to the Greenwich penisula, all the right economic reasons, of course made sense except one thing, I was born in Charlton and supported 'my local football team', all my other mates supported Arsenal, West Ham and Millwall, on the Springfield estate I think I was the only kid in a Charlton shirt, it was also a rare sight in Charlton park and Sherington school as well.

For me Charlton is the Valley, not the manager, or the players, or the board.
    '''
    To me supporting Charlton has not been an option, or a choice. I always felt that thecommentators sharred that belief as well, I wondered what we did at birth to have such an affliction...........
  • Options
    For me the programme lost it once Kevin Nolan said as would live to regret the day we sold Carl Leaburn, we got promoted 5 months later!

The efforts of all those who carried the programme on should be commended and I hope an alternative can be found.
  • Options
    106.8 silent. Absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    If only it had been run by someone local....some of the clowns who have run it into the ground should be ashamed of themselves.....it went downhill when it became Time.....very sad, I had some of the best times in the studio with Dave and the boys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparkle[/cite]Terrence all this time we work togeather and I never knew. I bow my head in shame!

Actually mate it's Sis who should bow her head, it's Terence, (only one 'r'!). :-)