Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• It's a shame because you can see what a LITTLE bit of money gets you - Wordworth, Ritchie, Judge are all excellent players at this level.

When you say this level, what level are you talking about?

As they are all in League 1.

Ok would be rather than are. Picking the young cream of league 1 is a far more Powel-like thing to do than go for old pros (ahem, Fuller).
  • Judge get him into our club tomorrow.

How? We've not got any money and they don't want Green and BWP.

• Another transfer-window washout. Boo.
  • edited January 2013
    Notts C don't necessarily have to take green and bwp. If we got both of them off the wage bill to Swindon and sheff utd on loan till the end of the season, we'd probably save enough money to be able to bid for Judge. The fact Powell was watching Portsmouth v Notts C last night surely gives us hope.
  • I think out of Ritchie, Wordsworth and Judge I'd prefer the latter.
    Shame we're skint!
  • Notts C don't necessarily have to take green and bwp. If we got both of them off the wage bill to Swindon and sheff utd on loan till the end of the season, we'd probably save enough money to be able to bid for Judge. The fact Powell was watching Portsmouth v Notts C last night surely gives us hope.

I agree.. no way CP would be watching if we werent interested. I hope so anyway
  • I am concerned about this. If we have no money now then where will it come from in the summer? If we have none then then how are we going to get to the PL? If we don't get to the PL in the next couple of seasons we are f**ked. In the meantime MS will stil be pumping in 1m to cover ever increasing losses. Really worried. Unless TJ et al just don't want to trust CP with any money and that leads me to just one conclusion, one that I don't really want to contemplate.
  • Maybe we'll just do a Crewe and live and die by our youth setup.
  • It's about putting a plaster too small to cover the whole cut or stoping a leaking tap be being happy with it dripping large

You see right now it's a mil a month because we are still covering costs that were haemorrhaging

Now we have a sustained loss but one that should we slowly build and carry on in a forward momentum we will be come more of an investment package

Right now we are a team that's just been promoted

That's all

I don't want us to spend 1 bean and finish just above the drop zone but far enough away so we don't panic

Yeah cause we have blooded loads of youngsters over the last couple of seasons.

• Sponsored links:

We've invested a lot in the academy, my comment was a bit of a joke but the long term objective of the owners is to develop both our own youngsters and young up and coming players.

• I am concerned about this. If we have no money now then where will it come from in the summer? If we have none then then how are we going to get to the PL? If we don't get to the PL in the next couple of seasons we are f**ked. In the meantime MS will stil be pumping in 1m to cover ever increasing losses. Really worried. Unless TJ et al just don't want to trust CP with any money and that leads me to just one conclusion, one that I don't really want to contemplate.

Sounds like a definition of the word "conundrum" to me, Large.

We've invested a lot in the academy, my comment was a bit of a joke but the long term objective of the owners is to develop both our own youngsters and young up and coming players.

When did the owners ever say that?

That's has always been the problem.

This exactly bothers me too. It's a simplistic but I would say pretty spot on analysis of where we are. Worried.
  • RUMOURS thread.
  • RUMOURS thread.

Rumours Rumours thread.

Family trait ?
    At least you're not quite as really worried as Golfie.
    He's really really worried :-)

Hit the nail there Kenty. There's something in this. Managing to get a man like Paul Hart,who incidently was being touted for prem management jobs, to take it on was a real coup.
    I don't think we're skint. Will always be money to keep things ticking along. This is a money making exercise.

• Peterborough chairman had just said on twitter that they have accepted multiple bids for Boyd and its up to the player now.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Peterborough chairman had just said on twitter that they have accepted multiple bids for Boyd and its up to the player now.

He's a Palace fan. Lets not kid ourselves about where he is going.
  • I'm confused, are we actually allowed to say there's no money now or is it still taboo?
  • Plaaayer said:

I'm confused, are we actually allowed to say there's no money now or is it still taboo?

If there is one of those Sunderland style banned notices on your seat at the next home game then we'll all have our answer.

Hit the nail there Kenty. There's something in this. Managing to get a man like Paul Hart,who incidently was being touted for prem management jobs, to take it on was a real coup.
    I don't think we're skint. Will always be money to keep things ticking along. This is a money making exercise.

If I was losing 8 million a year my bank manager would I suspect consider that skint.

• edited January 2013
    What time does the transfer window close. What's all this about Wordsworth? What happened to the Noone rumour?
  • Danny Graham to Middlesbrough. Strange one.
  • Oggy Red said:

Surely there's a limit to the number of loanees each club can sign?

I believe you can sign as many as you like but can only have 5 in the match squad.

Maybe we'll just do a Crewe and live and die by our youth setup.

If I was losing 8 million a year my bank manager would I suspect consider that skint.

But if you could still service the debt you'd still be on his Christmas card list.
  • Don't think the lack of signings is necessary a sign that there's no cash. We're probably not going to go down or make the playoffs so maybe we've got a manager and board that thinks it's worth keeping their powder dry unless there's real value. Would people be happier if we had a Pardew-style shit buying spree?
  • Don't think the lack of signings is necessary a sign that there's no cash. We're probably not going to go down or make the playoffs so maybe we've got a manager and board that thinks it's worth keeping their powder dry unless there's real value. Would people be happier if we had a Pardew-style shit buying spree?

Of course the lack of signings does not prove there's no cash; the accounts published last week are all the proof that's needed!!
  • THIS HAS JUST BEEN SENT TO ME:

Apparently Rachid Harkouk is being lined up as our new manager. The 58 year old
    former Palace and Notts Co Algerian is the current boss of AC Algers. He still
    has a house in Beckenham and has decided to move back into the English game. The
    former striker scored 123 goals in 330 appearances in the league and captained
    his country the African Nations cup in 1984. Fluent english speaking Harkouk
    will hopefullyt help Charlton make their push to the premier league next season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!