Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Crazy day.
    Dempsey to villa but Lambert knows nothing about it.
    Redknapp with his car window down outside his sandbanks abode saying he doesn't think he'll do much business today.

Surely that is a joke, I know it is not TransferDeadlineDay without flash Harry but surely they did not interview him
  • MrLargo said:

Thought Dempsey was set on going to a Champions League club, going to Villa would surely be a step down at the moment.

Think Berbatov coming in at £100,000 a week has really upset the apple cart at the Cottage.

• All of these random signings from Premiership clubs (Sinclair to City, Jordan Bowery to Villa etc) are just cheap and easy ways to fill the homegrown player quota, and if the players who are signing these contracts think they are getting a game they're having a laugh. Although I'm sure the vastly improved terms with their new clubs will soften the blown ever so slightly...
  • Rylo said:

All of these random signings from Premiership clubs (Sinclair to City, Jordan Bowery to Villa etc) are just cheap and easy ways to fill the homegrown player quota ......

I think you may be right
  • cfgs said:

If the latest round of dodgy rumours are correct it could be Stephens out.
    Quinn and Reo Coker in with Wickham on loan. Would be happy with that

That would be amazing but just can't see it happening.
  • Conor Wickham will rejoin Ipswich on loan - but George Boyd turns down Ipswich in favour of talks with Charlton - from a reliable source at ITFC.
  • Why would we need Wickham? BWP, Kermo, Haynes, Fuller, Smith and Cook are enough imo
  • CUE GEORGE BOYD CLAIMING HE HAS UNFINISHED BUSINESS
  • Crazy day.
    Dempsey to villa but Lambert knows nothing about it.
    Redknapp with his car window down outside his sandbanks abode saying he doesn't think he'll do much business today.

LOL. Harry will still buy a footballer at 10.55 tonight. he won't be able to stop himself.
  • George boyd is a massive crystal palace fan... Can't see wickham joining ipswich have first refusal apparently and I'm sure they would take him...

No new signings today, all new players will be loans and if reo coker does sign it will be at a later date

You've heard it here first.....
  • Sponsored links:

An unfinished hair appointment
  • Conor Wickham will rejoin Ipswich on loan - but George Boyd turns down Ipswich in favour of talks with Charlton - from a reliable source at ITFC.

Where is that quote from?
  • edited August 2012
  • My uneducated on holiday forecast,

Stephens out, Quinn in, solly stays, and possibly Clarke out.D'guissen in.

I think it has been that all along despite some of the scurrilous rumours and nonsense on here. Not sure it will all happen but I'm sure that has been the plan.

Apparently back in talks with Ipswich.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/transfer_latest_george_boyd_talks_with_ipswich_town_back_on_1_1500422
  • This is like one giant game of Football Manager.

Love it.
  • Ross said:

Why would we need Wickham? BWP, Kermo, Haynes, Fuller, Smith and Cook are enough imo

Smith not quite ready for Championship football and will probably be loaned out, Cook is a winger.

That leaves BWP, Kermo, Haynes and Fuller for the season. There is room for one more Striker.

• Boyd walked away from ipswich yesterday after failing terms

You have to love deadline day
  • What are we going to do when the window shuts? Mind you, I've heard one or two whispers about some activity in January.
  • Brunello said:

My uneducated on holiday forecast,

Stephens out, Quinn in, solly stays, and possibly Clarke out.D'guissen in.

I think it has been that all along despite some of the scurrilous rumours and nonsense on here. Not sure it will all happen but I'm sure that has been the plan.

With you on that ... I know the day is not over ... and perhaps Solly is going although I've never fully believed it ... but there seems to have been elements of brinkmanship and smokescreens over the last few weeks
  • Sponsored links:

He wants to get the super dooper beer pumps fitted at the Valley?

• edited August 2012
  • Hull on the verge of signing Quinn
  • Villa boss Paul Lambert says he is hoping to hear back from Charlton sooner rather than later.

He said: "I've not heard anything back from that one. That is in Charlton's

court at the moment."
  • stonemuse said:

Villa boss Paul Lambert says he is hoping to hear back from Charlton sooner rather than later.

He said: "I've not heard anything back from that one. That is in Charlton's

court at the moment."

Working to get a replacement.
  • My guess is Stephens to Villa today. No signings coming in today but two loans in over next three weeks plus Clarke on loan somewhere.
  • 'expressed his desire to leave'

hmmm. if true, will he be that willing to go now they've signed Dempsey?
  • Cooled interest in Dempsey now - he wants to go to Liverpool apparently.
  • Liverpool now 4/7 favourites to sign Clint Dempsey after the striker says he wants to move to Anfield and not Villa Park. (Sky Sports)

If Stephens is going and we've missed out on Quinn then only Nigel Reo-Coker can send me to bed with a smile on my face tonight.
  • Redhenry said:
    This is gathering some more momentum now....if Dale has expressed a wish to leave, then sadly let him go (for the right price) and get Quinn in and NRC as quick as possible as we have a tough match tomorrow and the team will be leaving this afternoon for Nottingham.....new signings to play tomorrow need to be signed up within the next 61 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!