Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks Pairs Quiz - Results Now In

Comments

• Options
    What time does it start ?

;-)
  • Options
    What time ?
  • Options
    Tuesday 24 March 8.00 start
    Bar open.
    £1
    Bickley and Widmore WM Club
    Tylney Rd
    Bromley
    BR1 2QE
  • Options
    ;-)
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    One day to go.
  • Options
    Now officially endorsed by the OS so must be true

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33987&newstype=n
  • Options
    Hello.
    A quiz ?
    On Charlton ??

When is it ?
  • Options
    i can sense you getting a slap tomorrow night MOG.

Oi AFKA - are we still on or what?

If not going to wallow in my glory at home - -- -
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i can sense you getting a slap tomorrow night MOG.

No bottling it now you two ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i can sense you getting a slap tomorrow night MOG.

No bottling it now you two ; - )

We'll be there
  • Options
    We're in, don't you worry about that.

If we do well, our names are AFKA and Ledge, if we get the wooden spoon then our names are Chirpy Red and Goonerhater !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We're in, don't you worry about that.

If we do well, our names are AFKA and Ledge, if we get the wooden spoon then our names are Chirpy Red and Goonerhater !

OK, see you there Chirps and GH ; - )
  • Options
    Is the quiz tonight ?

;-)
  • Options
    where was ya

Good night was had.

i'm sure mr irving will post up a more detailed account of the night.

100 questions. me and afka were well --- let's save it for Henner's post.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Good to see the new slimline "you'll never guess who I had in the back of my cab" Ledge and others there. Thanks to all those who made it.

I thought the Peter Varney/Steve Sutherland team would have done better but Steve has obviously never done a quiz before in his life.

David White and Keith Peacock were equally unimpressive but it made the hastily arranged but top secret Q & A at the end interesting.

Back in the real world a big well done to Ian Wallis for a great set of questions and his gallows humour (he'd fit in well here on CL).

And for the second year running well done to Stu and Dan (Shirty5 and Bro) for winning with, the highest total ever in 5 years, of 93/100

The team that came second (modesty prevents) would have won any other year with 86/100 while Rock Spectacle and Mrs did very well on 81.

The Famous Seb and Ollie were 4th and Ledge and AFKA 5th while Afternoon Delight and Slackers were just behind in 6th. Alex Wright was in there somewhere but still didn't know who the young player of the year in 1973 was.

Charlton Life even picked up the wooden spoon with Cruicky Jnr and Snr getting a very decent 40/100.

A good night, thanks to everyone who came along. See you and few more next year. Same place, roughly same time.
  • Options
    And for the second year running well done to Stu and Dan (Shirty5 and Bro) for winning with, the highest total ever in 5 years, of 93/100

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done lads!!! Two years running. I'm not gonna hear the end of this from you two now!!!
  • Options
    it's ridiculous blokes of that age knowing that much old stuff LOL - BUT jolly well done to them bloody impressive.

AFKA and I were very pleased indeed to beat Afternoon Delight and Alex Wright into 5th place with our sterling effort could have bettered or scores if we hadn't changed our minds on a few answers and changed them from right to wrong answers but hey ho.

Very enjoyable evening and makes a change to be using my brain on something else.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it's ridiculous blokes of that age knowing that much old stuff LOL - BUT jolly well done to them bloody impressive.

To be fair we are in our fifties, but we had an easy paper rounds as kids, hence our youthful appearence. ;-)

Many thanks to Ian Wallis for some excellent questions once again and a well run night once again by the Bromley addicks.

Here's to next year and maybe the treble?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it's ridiculous blokes of that age knowing that much old stuff LOL - BUT jolly well done to them bloody impressive.

To be fair we are in our fifties, but we had a easy paper rounds as kids, hence our youthful appearence. ;-)

Many thanks to Ian Wallis for some excellent questions once again and a well run night once again by the Bromley addicks.

Here's to next year and maybe the treble?

Next 12 months we're going to be learning players from the 50s and 60s and how to spell each players name correctly.

I'll try to get the questions off Ian and post them up here a few at a time.

Best questions of the night IMHO were

Which keeper let in 6 goals and still got a win bonus?

What was unusual about the Charlton 1 Liverpool 0 game 0 13th February 1999?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was the Liverpool game the one that had the floodlights tampered with beforehand ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]Was the Liverpool game the one that had the floodlights tampered with beforehand ?

Yes it was.
  • Options
    did keith jones hit the winner in the liverpool match
  • Options
    we had categories and one was New players

Q. Which player won young player of the year at another london club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]did keith jones hit the winner in the liverpool match

Yes, and we did think that was the answer but decided it wasn't THAT unusual.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]did keith jones hit the winner in the liverpool match

correct but that wasn't the answer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]we had categories and one was New players

Didn't get that one right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]we had categories and one was New players

nicky bailey
  • Options
    We did. ner ner
  • Options