Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs for West Ham?

Comments

• Options
    hopefully above,but think both will be in the championship.
  • Options
    I agree with you Len.

I suppose questions still remain with Curbs is if he is given money will he spend it in the right ways.

It's unfair to judge until he does it though.
  • Options
    Curbs did brilliantly with a limited budget to start with and with large chunks of what money we did have going on re-building the ground. I don't think I ever heard him moan once about the financial limitations and restrictions even when competitive clubs were going heavily into debt. Think about it, how many bad purchases did he make? Very few, especially when compared to other managers who had considerably more money to play with.

I think he'll do a good job at WHU, he has a proven track record in bringing kids through, he certainly puts the hours in doing the scouting work and being an ex-WHU player and eastender he'll fit in. WHU could do much, much worse.
  • Options
    Good luck to him - not sure he will live up to the expectations of some of their fans (and maybe the new owners), but I think he will keep them up.

The irony for me is that, after 15 years with us, his reputation has improved far more in the last few months than it would have done in the same period had he still been in charge of our lot.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6171205.stm

Negotiations are reported to have been extremely positive and BBC Sport understands Curbishley will take the Hammers helm within the next 48 hours.

Curbishley is thought to have turned down the opportunity to manage the Hammers in 2001 when he was still at Charlton.

He has been out of football after leaving his post at The Valley in May and has since been linked with Aston Villa, West Brom, Leeds and Norwich.

It is also understood Curbishley will be joined at Upton Park by his former Charlton assistants Mervyn Day and Keith Peacock, who is already on West Ham's staff.

And by a quirk of fate his first match in charge will be against Manchester United, the opponents for his final match as Addicks boss.

Kia Joorabchian, the Iranian businessman who owns the rights to West Ham's Argentine duo Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, says Curbishley would be a superb appointment.
  • Options
    whu press conference 3pm
  • Options
    think we should send someone in to issue a writ! lol
  • Options
    Heh, Steve Gritt's on the phone to Sky Sports News right now bigging up Curbs.

Except the only pic SSN have of Gritty features him with a full head of hair...
  • Options
    Feels like i've been through a very harmonious divorce, both of us happy to call it quits after 15 years.

We wished each other the best and hoped we'd both move on to have future success.

Now she's got a new partner and is going to live next door to me !!

A tad uncomfortable, but we'll have to live with it.
  • Options
    I agree Dave. Read AFKA's new blog i think it sums up the majority of our feelings very well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have you just read my article DaveStorry ????
  • Options
    From that Curbs article on the bbc.co.uk website..

"Charlton post their highest-ever finish of seventh in 2004"

Highest Premiership finish? - Yes
    Highest ever finish? - No

I see that "fact" used a lot, and it never fails to get on my nerves. F*cking retards..
  • Options
    PP didn't you realise that pre skysports/premiership , football didn't exist :-)
  • Options
    I hope Curbs takes his end of season slump to the hammers, that should see them relegated. Actually i would place money on both clubs going down.

Weird that West Ham will now be Charlton in disguise with all our old staff there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]PP didn't you realise that pre skysports/premiership , football didn't exist :-)

Good point. :)

It still gets on my nerves, though..
  • Options
    press conference moved to 3.30pm.
  • Options
    Spooky, Just read yr blog D.

Reckon I did my 3 lines abt the same time you published.

You put it far better than I ever could, totally agree with your thoughts.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, that Icelandic bloke has a funny voice.
  • Options
    do you think curbs will keep steve brown on? not sure browny he actually got on that great with curbs...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mervyn has followed him.

Curbs Keith and Merv.

how weird
  • Options
    Says it'll be "very emotional" when we play the Hammers: "Charlton was a massive part of my life, it had to end and I had to go into a new period."
  • Options
    The press conference is very poorly-lit - makes him look very sinister!
  • Options
    Its like he has stepped back in time with Bowyer and Newton there as well!
  • Options
    He's sidestepped a question about "have you moved up?" - says West Ham should be "at the top end of the table, and it's something that we'll hope to do".
  • Options
    he won't answer questions about ins or outs - SSN bloke asked him about Reo-Coker and Bent.
  • Options
    "On behalf of everyone at West Ham United, I welcome Alan and Mervyn - two of our former players, who are now back where they belong."
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2006
    I'm glad he said that but i'm sure he has thought very carefully about what he may be asked and how he will answer questions.

But has he moved up? In terms of size and fanbase yes, in terms of a "club" i dont think so.

If Bent to West Ham i'd be pretty angry with him
  • Options
    if powell ends up there too, then it all kicks off!
  • Options
    no he wont. powell is charlton man not curbs!

powell will come home next season. mark my words.