Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Blackmore

edited March 2009 in Rumours
Apparently David Blackmore, who we had on trial from West Ham earlier this season, has signed until 2011 with us. At the moment he is staying on loan at Thurrock, if it's true I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced in the summer.

He's a 20 year old goalkeeper, anyone know anything about him? I'd imagine it would be a free transfer, looks like his West Ham contract ends this summer.

While looking on Thurrock's website, I noticed our own ex youth keeper Joe Woolley is there.

Comments

• Options
    Only know that he was terrible when I saw him play for Thurrock V Bromley. Boxing day before last.

Only my opinion of course and he may just have been a young lad having an off day but the final score was 8 - 1 to Bromley.

Intriguing that, if true, we have signed a third young keeper. 3 keepers makes sense but Randolph and Blackmore must see that Elliot is the same age and so isn't going to retire in a hurry.

I could understand them being understudies to Weaver who is more experienced and much closer to retirement/leaving at end of contract.

Any way Scoham, Source?
  • Options
    Closer to retirement .... so how old is Nicky Weaver?

Good old Wiki, eh? It tells us, ".....Nicholas James "Nicky" Weaver (born 2 March 1979 in Killamarsh, Derbyshire) is an English football goalkeeper who plays for Charlton Athletic."

So he's 30 years old .....today!
  • Options
    Goalies go on for ages, remember watchin Southall play for some team at Shrewsbury only a few seasons ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Closer to retirement .... so how old is Nicky Weaver?

Good old Wiki, eh? It tells us,".....Nicholas James "Nicky" Weaver (born 2 March 1979 in Killamarsh, Derbyshire) is an English football goalkeeper who plays for Charlton Athletic."

So he's 30 years old .....today!

OK, close to end of contract then Mr Pedantic Pants : - )

Happy birthday Nicky
  • Options
    Where's the Happy Birthday Nicky banner at the top? :-)
  • Options
    We already have 2 good young keepers at U16 & U18 level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Any way Scoham, Source?

FM data forum, someone reported that we signed him. He says he is a close family friend, that's why he knows but has no link to it online. Can't see any reason for him to lie, but it was just a random poster.
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]We already have 2 good young keepers at U16 & U18 level.

Who have we got at u16 level? From the u18s Christie is going in the summer, Lee might as they are still making a decision on him. Binks is meant to be decent, but Boro let him go because they had better keepers than him. I'm guessing he hasn't played much simply because he's a year younger than Christie?
  • Options
    Dont know the kids name but he's 6'5" and looked very useful for a 16yo.
  • Options
    That's good to hear.