Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PARDEW TO LEAVE WEST HAM

2»

Comments

• Options
    We're not going to get Pardew in.

The board have made their bed - Rightly or wrongly, Reed is the permanent manager.
  • Options
    No matter who is manager the team have to consist of the right mix of players. My view and that of many others on this site seems to be that the defence is OK, Benty would be vg of he had some support but our problems are in the midfield with only Reid and Thomas and/or Sam being worth consideration.

Whether it is Reed, Pardew or AN Other does not alter the fact that we do not have the players in the middle to cover the defence or provide the attack. All Reed can do is shuffle the pack he has until the transfer window opens. The question is who will shuffle the pack best and who can bring in the right players - Reed or Pardew?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]...Rightly or wrongly, Reed is the permanent manager.

I think you'll find Les Reed is Head Coach.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]No matter who is manager the team have to consist of the right mix of players. My view and that of many others on this site seems to be that the defence is OK, Benty would be vg of he had some support but our problems are in the midfield with only Reid and Thomas and/or Sam being worth consideration.

Whether it is Reed, Pardew or AN Other does not alter the fact that we do not have the players in the middle to cover the defence or provide the attack. All Reed can do is shuffle the pack he has until the transfer window opens. The question is who will shuffle the pack best and who can bring in the right players - Reed or Pardew?

I didn't think that the appointment of Reed was the right decision at the time and I have seen nothing to change that view. I simply don't think that Reed is up to the job of manager and so the thought that he will be given what little money we have to spend doesn't fill me with confidence.

I totally agree with your last point and if it were down to me, it would be Pardew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]No matter who is manager the team have to consist of the right mix of players. My view and that of many others on this site seems to be that the defence is OK, Benty would be vg of he had some support but our problems are in the midfield with only Reid and Thomas and/or Sam being worth consideration.

Thats not my view..............HH needs dropping sharpish, the geezer is a liability!
  • Options
    Am I the only one here to think that Pardew is just a flash prick, whose management record since leaving Reading is not all that great and certainly not as sparkling as the image he has of himself? I'd rather have Derek Zoolander.

Big headed prick
  • Options
    I understand that there is more than this ascking than meets the eye.

Rumours circulating relating to internal relationships between members of staff of the opposite sex.

I hope Pards has got a years insurance on his new Ferrari.
  • Options
    Here is his record at West Ham:

Played: 163
    Won: 67
    Drawn: 34
    Lost: 62
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Am I the only one here to think that Pardew is just a flash prick, whose management record since leaving Reading is not all that great and certainly not as sparkling as the image he has of himself? I'd rather have Derek Zoolander.

Big headed prick

No Lookie, I think he's crap & would hate to see him in charge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Here is his record at West Ham:

Played: 163
    Won: 67
    Drawn: 34
    Lost: 62

Don't forget 46 even 92 of those games were in the fizzy pop.

Doesn't look quite so good put like that does it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought his affair was public based upon a rather irate husbands Myspace page?
  • Options
    and 11 of the losses have come this season, so before that not that bad!
  • Options
    TT
    edited December 2006
    double posting..
  • Options
    Stand corrected, his record on that evidence isn't all that bad! However, he is still a big headed prick; that has yet to be disproved.
  • Options
    i dont like him, think he's obnoxious.

plus he did say the charlton job wasnt big enough for him!! i do remember it... well i think we're now too big for you pardu!
  • Options
    i posted this earlier from espn (click on europe)to back up my point about him being very unpopular at upton park,even after winning the play-off final.this season has only seen their view being vindicated and last season being just a spike.he's not the messiah and i don't think he is right for us.
  • Options
    So after reading the ESPN article from PeakeysRockets post Pardew has finished 10th, then in the play offs, then 2nd and got Reading promoted into the championship. Then he took Reading to 4th and the play offs but they lost out in the semis. He then took over at West ham and led them to the play offs and then the play offs again where they got promoted. Then in the first year up he took them to 7th, the cup final and into europe. So in 7 years of management he's got 2 promotions, 4 play off appearances, a cup final and europe, not at all bad in my opinion and its only this season with all the takeover talk, the Argies coming in and Dean Ashton out injured thats it's gone wrong. He wouldn't be a bad manager for us in all honesty.
  • Options
    put like that,he sounds like a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    Does that make Les Reed the Best Man ?
  • Options
    Darren Ambrose the choir boy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good mixed views, reflected in the initial votes on the poll at the top of the forum.

If you've not added you're vote, please do.