Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Villa fans to be rewarded after recent defeat.

Aston Villa fans, 300 or so who travelled to moscow for the recent european game which villa lost are being rewarded with a meal which will be paid for by the club.

The fans booed the team and the manager after the game and later complained that having paid out about £1500 to watch what was a reserve side they should have expected better.

Great pr from the manager and the club, wonder what they can expect grub wise?

Comments

• For £1500 I'd want fresh lobster from Atlantis
  • It's Similar to the Spurs fans who went to Ukraine, the club should compensate them fully.

Uefa need to sort the cup out, 22 games is ridiculous!
  • Well next year it becomes the "Euro league" or some such nonsense, so perhaps they will? Not holding my breath though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]For £1500 I'd want fresh lobster from Atlantis

Murray will be offering free flights to all European matches for all season ticket renewals.
  • You see, booing sometimes does pay dividends.
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Aston Villa fans, 300 or so who travelled to moscow for the recent european game which villa lost are being rewarded with a meal which will be paid for by the club.

The fans booed the team and the manager after the game and later complained that having paid out about £1500 to watch what was a reserve side they should have expected better.

Great pr from the manager and the club, wonder what they can expect grub wise?
    I heard about UEFA bemoaning the fact that clubs don't take the UEFA cup seriously. I agreed where Spurs are concerned - two-bob arrogant bunch of no-marks who thought the Carling Cup is more important than a European trophy, presumably they think they've won enough in Europe already.

Not Villa though, UEFA have made their premium competition such a cash cow that they can't be surprised if a club puts it before its other competition.

I didn't look at it in terms of the fans though. I think I'd be more than a bit peeved if I'd shelled out that much to be served that dross. Not bad PR from Villa.
  • [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]You see, booing sometimes does pay dividends.
    Probably more to do with the complaints to the club that they made.
  • It's a nice gesture and the club looks good doing it, but part of the deal in going away to watch your team is the chance that you might lose - and with the team sitting comfortably in a CL spot I can understand why they rested players in teh UEFA cup. With some of the comments on here we'll end up like septics sueing the club for emotional torture if they don't win.

Nobody forced anybody to spend 1500 scoots to go to a football match, nobody guaranteed them a win and some of them might want to reflect that the reason they're riding so high in the league is the fact that they have a manager who has a good idea about when's a good time to rest players and when is a good time to push on.

In other news: they're rebadging the tournament next season and making it a bit more attractive for teams (including - great idea here UEFA - home and away ties with the same team in the group stage).
  • UEFA Europa League sounds ridiculous.