Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

arsenal cup game late 60's

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
sounded good

Comments

• Options
    Obvious it was before my time. But would this be the game when Charlton weren't sure which end they were meant to be in. ;-)
  • Options
    I seem to remember Harry Gregory doing a great 'dummy' when receiving a pass......

...to no one!
  • Options
    LOL...didn't Cass write about this in one of his books?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]LOL...didn't Cass write about this in one of his books?
    Yes m8
  • Options
    I was there at Highbury as a kid, along with several others who post on this board.

Every so often, this match gets mentioned - and I'm sure we've done a thread or 2 discussing the game in detail.
    But it was one of the classic Charlton awaydays - even if we didn't win.
  • Options
    one of my first ever away games ... I remember many Charlton being there ... in the North Bank
  • Options
    My first ever away game too!

8 years old, with me old man. Went to the bog and had my scarf nicked!!
  • Options
    My first away game. Still got the programme somewhere. Can't really remember much other than we played well against an Arsenal team, many of whom went on to win the double in 1970.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I wonder who the daft sod was who fired a starting pistol at The Gooners on The North Bank and cleared a space for us Addicks in the crowd about 50 feet square....LOL...mad mad times!!
  • Options
    That was cetainly a BIG turn out, other big away followings At Wolves in the early 70's and Ipswich in the 80's also stand out with Man U in the 90's as big Cup away days.
    Wolves was train based I remeber being on the 1st train arriving and then 4 or 5 more followed it.
    We filled the Massive South Bank at Molynueux that day .