Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wendy Richard R I P

Sadly passed away today.

Comments

• RIP

"he's listing again"
  • What a terrible week.

RIP Wendy
  • first remember seeing her on Dad's Army, as Private Walker's girlfriend , and I think she was the female voice on Mike Sarnes record in the early '60's called "Come Outside"
    R.I.P.
  • Was she also the voice on one of Jonathon King's records? Johnny Reggae maybe.
  • Remember her being caught under Captain Mainwaring's dinner table with Walker during an air raid. RIP.
  • RIP

I will always remember her in Are You Being Served
  • Miss Brahmes
  • Seems like only yesterday 'Come Outside' was in the charts. She will be missed.RIP Wendy.
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]first remember seeing her on Dad's Army, as Private Walker's girlfriend , and I think she was the female voice on Mike Sarnes record in the early '60's called "Come Outside"
    R.I.P.

It says a lot for my "taste" in music that I was listening only the other day to "Come Outside" on my Ipod. A lovely little ditty with a great spin on the "innocent" motives of all us hot blooded males. And Wendy's reaction to the offer is one that is, I'm sure, all too familiar as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another one of the Dads Army team gone(not that she appeared in it that often).....not many of them left now...such a wonderful show...one of my all time favs.
    RIP Wendy my old duck.......RIP.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]first remember seeing her on Dad's Army, as Private Walker's girlfriend , and I think she was the female voice on Mike Sarnes record in the early '60's called "Come Outside"
    R.I.P.

It says a lot for my "taste" in music that I was listening only the other day to "Come Outside" on my Ipod. A lovely little ditty with a great spin on the "innocent" motives of all us hot blooded males. And Wendy's reaction to the offer is one that is, I'm sure, all too familiar as well.

Yes that song somehow epitomises a more innocent age I like it too.

RIP Wendy
  • edited February 2009
    Miss Brahms helped me during my pubescent stage - used to fancy her like mad. Very sad, RIP Wendy.
  • HowRichMac2BBC_468x517.jpg

Shame she only mainly gets remebred for the battle axe from eastenders she was stunning in her youth. RIP Wendy.
  • edited February 2009
    Sort! As I said, fancied her like mad as a teenager.

Wasn't her part cut from the Beatles film, Help.
  • I believe it was, but she was terrific in an early Albert Finney film called 'Gumshoe'. She did look good in a mini-skirt!
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Albert Finney film called 'Gumshoe'.

21239_Gumshoe-02.JPG
  • That's the one! Well found mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Seems like only yesterday 'Come Outside' was in the charts. She will be missed.RIP Wendy.

One of the first records I remember as a kid was the follow-up or predecessor, "Will I what" by Mike Sarne with WR playing the object of his lusts. I think she was uncredited on the record, it came up later on when she made it in "Are you being served"- She was the only reason to watch that one BTW.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMIAiseHP4

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2009
    Wendy made an announcement sometime ago, since then she dealt with the situation with that old fashioned (thesedays) word - dignity.

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=19764&page=1#Item_6
  • she really was adam im shocked!
  • Expected news but sad nevertheless.

The BBC showed a tribute programme to her last night. There always used to be a tribute shown shortly after the death of a major name but I haven't seen a programme of that sort for a long time. It shows how highly she was regarded.

My kids were amazed that they managed to knock it up so fast until Ii told them it was recorded in advance as they knew she didn't have long. They found it quite strange and a bit creepy that a post-death tribute could be recorded while someone was still alive!!!
  • i used to work at a photographic agencey that sold pictures to the print and e media, in the archieve section we had a whole section for deaths, ready to go files for celebs and royals and others all ready to go should they die at any moment.. morbid but that is the world, i know for a fact bbc itv and sky and have end of the world tapes, and they too have obitury tapes conssitantly updated to roll at any time.
  • i was living in Australia when they announced the Queen Mother has passed and started running her obit. Years before she actually passed.
  • Mr Lucas (Trevor Bannister) has passed away. Is there anyone from the cast of "Are you being served" still alive?
  • edited April 2011
    Frank Thornton and Nicholas Smith.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Mr Lucas (Trevor Bannister) has passed away. Is there anyone from the cast of "Are you being served" still alive?

Old Mr Grace.... He's 136 now and living in a caravan in Merthyr Tydfil with his faithful dog Flossy and survives on Supermalt drinks and Beechams powders.
  • i would of smashed her back doors in when she was younger top totty RIP