Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next 3 Games

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Swansea on the up after a recent wobble, a draw would be good result here, since there FA Cup run have started to go on the up, tough place to go but anything is possible.

Doncaster MUST WIN, after a decent recent run they have come of the tracks of late and defeat on saturday has put them right back in the mire, a night game under the lights at the Valley has to be a must win.

Watford again, picked up a good run of late and with games in hand they will be looking to pull away from the bottom 3 as soon as possible, tough game again will be a battle.

Would take 6 points from these games and pray for results to go our way to take us into the running just 3 or 4 points from saftey, heads down for the final games and who knows. Our Run is not the best but we have done this before but will be harder and more of an acheivment to avoid the drop then getting up in the first place.

run in:
Tue Mar 10 Reading (Wobbling but still strong)
Sat Mar 14 Wolverhampton Wanderers (Rightly top 3 team tough tough game)
Sat Mar 21 Preston North End (Un predictable can be awsome can be puffs)
Sat Apr 04 Southampton (MASSIVE 6 POINTER)
Sat Apr 11 Birmingham City (Marcus Bent... Tough game)
Mon Apr 13 Coventry City (On a roll again but winnable revenge for the heartbreak of the 2-2)
Sat Apr 18 Blackpool (MUST WIN 6 POINTER)
Tue Apr 21 Cardiff City (Tough again draw would be a good result)
Sat Apr 25 Derby County (Who cares will all be to pissed up to worry on the coach!!!)
Sun May 03 Norwich City (Must Win 6 point massive game)

Can we do it.....

Comments

• Options
    Fair analysis, Adam ...... but at the moment, we don't need to worry about all of that really.

We just need laser sharp focus for just the next match.
    Single-mindedness.

Nothing else counts at the moment.
  • Options
    Barnsley was a must win but we failed to do so.

Saturday was a huge chance to close the gap and we didn't take it :-S
  • Options
    Amazingly, i think the results around us may ultimately prove more important than our own on Saturday.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but getting results at home are vital at this time of the season. We have a tricky away team against a form team that many of us may already have wrote off.

Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Barnsley are all at home this week. With us having successive home games after this weekend, if they can slip up, dent their confidence, and give us a fighting chance of closing the gap in the following weeks, i'll take that suprisingly.

Or have i not thought that through correctly ??
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Barnsley was evidently a 'must not lose'.

And we didn't. The team competed well and apparently were the better side throughout the 2nd half, finishing very strongly.

A point, 2 clean sheets, 2 games unbeaten.

In Parkyspeak, I'll take the positives.
  • Options
    boy Adam am I glad to hear that Donny have come off the tracks of late. Prior to Saturday they had taken a dissapointing 22 points from a possible 24. And right back in the mire. LOL !!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    now now large... i reckon anyone to Palace should still be looking over there shoulder.. trying to be positive mate..

14 Crystal Palace 31 7 4 4 22 14 5 3 8 20 23 5 43
    15 Derby 32 7 4 5 23 17 4 4 8 17 26 -3 41
    16 Doncaster 33 6 5 5 9 10 5 2 10 18 28 -11 40
    17 Blackpool 34 4 5 8 19 27 5 6 6 15 21 -14 38
    18 Watford 32 8 3 5 30 24 2 3 11 16 29 -7 36
    19 Barnsley 32 6 4 6 19 15 4 2 10 11 26 -11 36
    20 Plymouth 34 5 4 8 21 25 4 5 8 10 19 -13 36
    21 Nottm Forest 34 4 6 7 17 22 4 4 9 19 28 -14 34
    22 Norwich 34 6 5 6 29 23 2 4 11 15 30 -9 33
    23 Southampton 33 2 7 8 16 23 5 3 8 16 28 -19 31
    24 Charlton 33 5 4 7 22 27 1 4 12 12 28 -21 26
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Fair analysis, Adam ...... but at the moment, we don't need to worry about all of that really.

We just need laser sharp focus for just the next match.
    Single-mindedness.

Nothing else counts at the moment.

Totally agree. Must concentrate on the next game only, and try and ignore what is going on elsewhere.
  • Options
    Results have gone against us the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    We won't get anything out of Saturday - they've won 8, drawn 8 and lost just 1 at home this season.

However, if we win our next two home games, it'll give us a fighting chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]We won't get anything out of Saturday - they've won 8, drawn 8 and lost just 1 at home this season.
    so most teams have gone there and got at least one point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]We won't get anything out of Saturday - they've won 8, drawn 8 and lost just 1 at home this season.

However, if we win our next two home games, it'll give us a fighting chance.

If we were in swansea's position, with a good home record facing a team scrapping at the bottom of the table who are on a bad run of away form... we would be nervous. Swansea will be too. Frustrate them for a while on saturday and then nick a goal.
  • Options
    I was confident that we would overtake all teams above us that we were within 7 points of AFTER the Barnsley game...sadly that would still leave us 3rd bottom! I think that the failure to beat Barnsley was huge as our run in is tough with the top 3 still to play. That said we have a game in hand on Plymouth, Norwich & Forst so there is still a chance.

Anyway, whilst I am not a regular away fan, I will be heading to Swansea to back the boys as it really is a must win match, a win there could fire my imagination of staying up all over again! Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Results have gone against us the last couple of weeks.

Results in other matches will always go against us Robroy, nothing we can do about that. Ever.
    So can't worry about that.

But plenty we can do ourselves in our match.
  • Options
    Seven points from the next three games