Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum website goes live

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Please note that the Fans' Forum website (www.charltonfansforum.co.uk) is now live.

We've done this on the cheap and it's fairly basic, but it will give us something to build from. The main idea is that it will allow us to post all minutes and discussions from meetings, plus key questions from fans, in a single location.

Please take a look, and let us know what you think. Feel free to publicise and link wherever possible.

Comments

• Options
    I forgot that picture was taken on the way back from Reading!
  • Options
    Hate to be picky, but the black on grey text is incredibly hard to read.
  • Options
    all good nice work
  • Options
    Well done and thanks for all the efforts. Sorry, also hate to be picky, but the yellow on heavy grey is doing my eyes no favours.
  • Options
    looks good, if you need any pictures guys.... he he...

• Options
    I think its fine to be honest.

Its intention should not be for it to be a commercial site, but more a point of reference that gives people contact details IMO, and it serves that fine.
  • Options
    Good stuff............
  • Options
    Looks alright, but why are there only 2 reps?!
  • Options
    There are nine reps (check the Contact Us page), but only two mugshots at the moment.

Be patient.
  • Options
    Getting more mug shots should be the highest priority for the forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't wait for the breakaway faction of the fans forum to get their website up and running. The splitters.
  • Options
    didn't you know Rothko had set his own site up ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think it is fine.

You might want to correct the date shown in the Event Section for meeting Derek Chappell and Richard Murray.

You have Thursday 27th February when you mean 26th....
  • Options
    Interesting reading ...

Question ... why does the Fans Forum feel the need to be involved in the Supporters Club player of the year event?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Here is the extract from the minutes of the meeting with the Club on 2nd Dec 08:

Player of the Year Event – Tony Garratt asked if there were plans to take the Player of the Year do from the Supporters Club and if that was something that the Fans' Forum could do. Steve replied that there were no plans to change at the moment but the Supporters Club reps could be invited to a meeting with the fans forum members to see how to move forward with the supporter’s club events, role and the player of the year event.

Just looking to help it along, that's all.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes I can read the minutes thank you, but It seems strange that an event that runs quite smoothly should be brought up in the meeting to start with. Why, and I repeat why would there be a need to take over its running?

All seems a bit weird ...
  • Options
    Good website. Good to see the minutes on there, so for those interested can see what the Forum is doing.

Good start.
  • Options
    rubbish sack the forum do not represent charlton fans at all bring back the cardi man ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]rubbish sack the forum do not represent charlton fans at all bring back the cardi man ;-)

No, lets not : - )
  • Options
    yes lets

he was a quiet unasuming gentleman who didnt realise that we never came to see the charlton we came to see the cardi lets hope he is out there in the real world somewhere ;-P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]yes lets

he was a quiet unasuming gentleman who didnt realise that we never came to see the charlton we came to see the cardi lets hope he is out there in the real world somewhere ;-P

Thats your problem mate, you're too woolly-minded.....:o)
  • Options
    i have never been called woolly minded lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]yes lets

I've never met him but I know a lot of people who have and no one has a good word for him.

I'm not sure if it is jealously of his good looks or of his intelligence and wit.

I bet he is furious that someone came up with this excellent Fans Forum concept to replace him.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    utter tosh this fans forum there is even a bloke who resides in Ozstralia who was invited i mean what the feck is that about it should be for local fans not some world wide jet setter

if you know people who know him mr irving please tell him to get Peter Varney and sort out this flipping mess a fans forum indeed
  • Options
    Good site guys and a great initiative.
  • Options
    dont humour them BFR they will think it is better than here and there aint nowhere better than here

if the club seriously wanted to know about issues they should join up and listen to the real fans not thse johnny come lately types

ozstralia i tell thee what next the nth upper?
  • Options
    Nice effort - Bookmarked in my house.