Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone getting a pay rise this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Mate who works for Barclays said they have been told they wont get their bonuses this year, despite them making a huge (if somewhat reduced) profit.

Yeah, right Barclays, that's exactly what the government meant when they suggested that the big fat payouts should be stopped. Hit the middle ranking staff where it hurts, greedy, self serving b++++ds. They didn't mean the multi millionaire chief execs etc, they meant the man in the office below you...

In fairness, in branch staff will be getting their bonuses. But it is still so typical of big business to take a situation like this and twist it to their advantage.

I have no issue with private banks or companies paying bonuses, after all, it's their money, state owned banks and other taxpayer funded institutions, no.

Nobody has the right to tell my company that should not pay me a bonus if so deserved (which it is BTW)

Absolutely, but what I am getting at is the government were talking about the banks that have failed and that they (we) are propping up. So barclays then use this as an excuse to aviod paying bonus' to non branch staff. I dare say the top management are probably doing the same, but they are already on six or seven figure salaries, and when all the fuss has died down they will award themselves an extra bonus, or big fat pay rise to make up for it.
  • Options
    Yup, insanely.
  • Options
    even after my minor error of proffesional judgement ;-)

i am still getting a bonus and a payrise

thank fuk for that
  • Options
    As my own boss - I'm either going to live by the sword or die by the sword this year ..... I could take a job and the catalogue I've put together will kind of sell itself, but the idea of working for somebody else is killing me.

So, in short ..... a pay cut for now, but fingers crossed, a nice big juicy bonus come the end of the year ........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah highly likely.

Wonder if the local councils will freeze council tax rises................

Actually lots of London LA's are freezing Council tax this year and I think that Greenwich are one of them. Doubt that Kent will after the Iceland debacle though ;-)
  • Options
    yep, about 6% which I thought was crazy but hey ho...sadly the misses was made redundant so household income plummeted!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah highly likely.

Wonder if the local councils will freeze council tax rises................
    Actually lots of London LA's are freezing Council tax this year and I think that Greenwich are one of them. Doubt that Kent will after the Iceland debacle though ;-)
    But even if the London Boroughs freeze their cut of the council tax, is Boris freezing his?