Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info required Kent Cup

I expect this is more likely to mean something to the real old'ns on here.

I remember going to the old Den to see us play Millwall for the Kent Cup, I seem to remember we played them each year for this cup during the 50's.

Can anyone let me know the scores for each year during the 50's and if in fact it was called the Kent Cup.

Comments

• Options
    50/1 Lost 1-6
    51/2 No Game
    52/3 Lost 2-3
    53/4 Won 3-2
    54/5 Won 4-2
    55/6 Won on toss of a coin after a 3-3 draw
    56/7 Lost 3-0
    57/8 Won 2-1
    58/9 Drew 1-1 both clubs held the cup for 6 months each but Millwall won the medals on toss on coin
    59/60 Won 2-1

All games played at the Den
  • Options
    Brilliant!! Thanks for that addick1965
  • Options
    We should enter it again. Only chance of winning a cup these days.
  • Options
    I wouldn't put my shirt on it this year.
  • Options
    how true :0(
  • Options
    No worries StrikerFirmani :)
  • Options
    I remember the Kent cup in the Summer of 75. We played Palace and Gillingham away and Millwall at home in the space of a week. I think we won it that year. The Gillingham match was played on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    Kent Senior Cup was it not called?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No Carter it was the Kent County Challenge Cup in the 50' and 60's.The reserve team entered the Facit Kent Senior Cup in the 90's getting to the final twice beating Gillingham at Gillingham and then losing to Ashford Town the following year
  • Options
    I stand corrected

I went to the onbe at Priestfield. It was Tony Smiths (the Gillingham chairman at the time) last game at the club before handing over to Scally, he was incredibly pissed but a nice guy. Kim Grant and Mortimer played blinders
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I remember the Kent cup in the Summer of 75. We played Palace and Gillingham away and Millwall at home in the space of a week. I think we won it that year. The Gillingham match was played on a Saturday night.

That ran from 2-9 August 1975. 3pts were awarded for a win, 1pt for a draw, and 1pt for each goal scored.

We beat Smallwall and Palarse 1-0 and the Jills 2-0.

I've still got a couple of programmes from that 'tournament' with the results scribbled in one of them..
  • Options
    I remember the one at Priestfield. Think we won 4-2?

What was the name of the lad who went on to do the rounds of lower league football and has scored where ever he's played? Think he was on trial as I remember us singing "sign him on". I'll remember in a minute.
  • Options
    Marc Salmon? when did we sign Mark deBolla
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Scott McGleish was the name I was thinking of.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=5108
  • Options
    Scott McGleish it was indeed, was a pretty good game and Pardews last for us, saw him in the carpark afterwards and said 'you done well mate' he just looked at me and said glad you thought so or words to thaty effect. Our players spent most the game rolling around on the deck as some had played against Reading the day before