Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I know it would have been nice to win, especially with a few of the others winning. But this is a game we would have lost a few weeks ago and the Saints result is a one off.

I think we will go down but if we carry on showing more endeavour until 3rd May I for one will be happier. For the reason that I have seen some real performances of late and also because we need to pick up or suffer the distinct possibility of starting poorly next term.

Comments

• Options
    Exactly....well said that man! :-)

We've just got to keep trying to grind out results and keeping clean sheets. You never know. From the remaining fixtures if we can get:

Sat Feb 28 Swansea City 15:00 A Championship - D
    Tue Mar 03 Doncaster Rovers 19:45 H Championship - W
    Sat Mar 07 Watford 15:00 H Championship - W
    Tue Mar 10 Reading 19:45 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 14 Wolverhampton Wanderers 15:00 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 21 Preston North End 15:00 H Championship - D
    Sat Apr 04 Southampton 15:00 A Championship -D
    Sat Apr 11 Birmingham City 15:00 H Championship - L
    Mon Apr 13 Coventry City 15:00 A Championship - D
    Sat Apr 18 Blackpool 15:00 H Championship - W
    Tue Apr 21 Cardiff City 19:45 H Championship - D
    Sat Apr 25 Derby County 15:00 A Championship -L
    Sun May 03 Norwich City 15:00 H Championship -W

It'll give us 17 points. I don't think the above is too unrealistic. We're on 25 points at the mo so the above would put us on 42. With Plymouth, Forest, Watford, Norwich and Southampton being around us and all being on piss poor runs themselves that might just be enough. Keep the faith people.

And no....I've not been drinking! ;-))
  • Options
    Sat Feb 28 Swansea City 15:00 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 14 Wolverhampton Wanderers 15:00 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 21 Preston North End 15:00 H Championship - D
    Sat Apr 04 Southampton 15:00 A Championship -W
    Sat Apr 11 Birmingham City 15:00 H Championship - L
    Tue Apr 21 Cardiff City 19:45 H Championship - D
    Sat Apr 25 Derby County 15:00 A Championship -W

I make it that we'll get 25 points from the remasining games, but we have to win the six pointers and hope that Southampton, Plymouth and Forest (at least) screw up/go into administration.
  • Options
    Gets a bit sad when we hope other teams go into administration to avoid relegation. I find it hard to repress the belief we can stay up, I know it's possible but in my heart I wonder if we've left it too late.
  • Options
    Excellent...you've bettered but I thought. So that's two of us that think we've still got a slim chance. Anyone else? C'mon jump on that band wagon that is positivety.
  • Options
    Sat Feb 28 Swansea City 15:00 A Championship - L
    Sat Mar 14 Wolverhampton Wanderers 15:00 A Championship - D
    Sat Mar 21 Preston North End 15:00 H Championship - W
    Sat Apr 04 Southampton 15:00 A Championship -W
    Sat Apr 11 Birmingham City 15:00 H Championship - D
    Tue Apr 21 Cardiff City 19:45 H Championship - W
    Sat Apr 25 Derby County 15:00 A Championship -W

27 POINTS GAINED 52 AT THE END OF SEASON AND YES I HAVE BEEN DRINKING
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

27 POINTS GAINED 52 AT THE END OF SEASON AND YES I HAVE BEEN DRINKING

Yeah....just rub it in why don't ya :-( ....I could murder a pint...only 30 or so minutes till I can leave work.
  • Options
    My strategy before today has been based on our recent form - so, 6 points out of 4 games = 18 points from 12 games takes us to 43 points, leaving us away at Derby and home to Norwich to save our skins.

Obviously, it doesn't take account of draws, but it does allow for 6 defeats - and still be in with a chance when we play Norwich. It's not championship form, but solid mid-table form - and could be enough.

Don't forget there's a stack of 6-pointers to play yet, not just by us but other teams too.
    And especially on the final day of the season !

So 49 points and safe .....but only on the last day.Legendary!

Fortune may have sent the Palace down.
    But Dicko/Bailey/Racon/ZZ/ Ambrose or ex-Palarse boy Hudson score the winner to keep Charlton up.

Who remembers Derek Hales on the last day of the season in 1983?
    1-0 down against Bolton, we win 4-1 and STAY UP!
  • Options
    The season this mostly reminds me of is 85/86...we were bottom at Easter (or thereabouts) but somehow strung together the results to get us into the play-offs and the rest is history...
  • Options
    Good, battling point today. But it wasn't enough as you can't get away from the fact that we were the only team in the bottom three not to win. Forest's defeat was the best thing about an afternoon that really did little to suggest we will stay up.

It's all very well saying 'it's in our own hands'. But that's only half the story. Yes, it's in our hands to go on a winning run, the likes of which we have not managed since 2007. But when you start as far off the pace as we did, we are also reliant on three other teams going on a losing run.

Results today and in mid-week show that every single team currently in peril of the drop is capable of battling really hard for survival and there will be an awful of players at other teams running through walls between now and early May to try and keep their teams up.

But, yes, I'm happy. I was resigned to going down without a fight. I still think we will go down. But it looks like we will go down fighting. Well done, Parky, for getting us to the point where we are at least starting to look like a proper team again.