Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley report

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4144695.Addicks_share_spoils_with_Tykes_at_Oakwell/

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2009
    NS, if you really think that this result had no impact on our chances to beat the drop you should firstly compare and contrast the way that Barnsley fans booed their team off whereas we gave ours a rousing standing ovation. Secondly we need around 50 points to stay up. We have got four points from our last two games, thats an average of two a game. If we keep this average up for the rest of the season, we will finish on 52 points. In the past twelve seasons, only Leicester last season have been relegated on 52 points. Some seasons, the mid forties has been enough. I take this point as one closer to safety.

Our fans know we are in a scrap and we are scrapping big time. Clubs are going to be drawn into the battle who seem out of it at present. Momentum is all and it's better to have hit rock bottom already and be moving forward than to be starting to fall harder. I felt that yesterday Barnsley have not yet hit the bottom and their fans reaction at the end was the best news for us from the game!!

Sure we are still deep in the do do but starting to show signs of life!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    well said bing

although i am not that convinced that the result of that step will be salvation
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I agree that it's not that convincing a result but I think we have to not be too bothered by the rest of the table until the last couple of games and just focus on getting to 50ish points and hope that that will be enough. If we win all of our games bar 1 (say Birmingham) & pick up a few points on the road we'll be there or there abouts. Obviously it's a big ask to win nearly all our home games but thats the situation we're in.

I can't really see us going on a run like Doncaster as we have a quite a few tough games remaining (Wolves, Reading, Swansea away & Cardiff & B'Ham at home in partic) so I think any progress we make will be very gradual - hence we just have to set about getting to our points target of 50ish slow and steady.