Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life commentator?

The commentary at the Barnsley game was dreadful, atrocious, dull, ill informed and slow.

Here's an idea. Is it possible to get a Charlton life press pass and have someone with a laptop and an internet connection to go to the match and actually report on it?

You could do it in the match thread so at least those who can't get a radio connection/live abroad/don't want to pay fro the dire service offered by CAFCTV can get a totally partisan, dedicated report by the fans for the fans.

What do we reckon

Comments

• Options
    I actually blame him for our poor performances. Away especially.
  • Options
    he was a piss take i turnt it off in the end he drove me nutts
  • Options
    I remember the days when I used be able to close my eyes and imagine watching a game by what the commentator was saying. Jeez, this bloke was useless.... slow to react to the action, forever getting the players names wrong and then being inconsistent with previous play.

How long do we think the 'highlights package' will be tomorrow then?
  • Options
    I remember the days when I used be able to close my eyes and imagine watching a game by what the commentator was saying.
    Yes, I used to turn Jon Motson on the telly down and put the radio on. You used to have to know a bit about the game to really enjoy radio commentary, the same with cricket. I just wonder what the hell these people do to get these commentating jobs. The guy today sounded like he'd never even seen a football match before, he had trouble forming basic sentences.

We need our own commentary team.
  • Options
    Problem is that the conract is with BBC London and we have to use thei person. Would love to get Rob, our commentator who does the commentry for partially sighted at the Valley. Who knows if someone with Money buys Time FM and is prepard to put som money into it, we could have a decent biased commentary again.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    BDL

this guy was a 1 out of 10 and the 1 was because he found the ground and did talk about chances in the tone that they were good opportunities for us and then when Barnsley were attacking stated we need to defend

he was like something from dads army
  • Options
    let me do it will be feckin brilliant i promise.
  • Options
    you would be funny i must admit but i reckon you may have those that dont know you reaching for the vodka and pain killers
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Having dedicated Charlton commentators would be the stuff of dreams, as usual money becomes the chief issue. Could there be another way though could we have people at matches just reporting what's going on? While broadcasting is currently out of the question in the mean time could we not have people reporting to this site and its users?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]you would be funny i must admit but i reckon you may have those that dont know you reaching for the vodka and pain killers
    when we are good i would be waxing lyrical,when we are bad i would a feckin bleep machine for 90 mins LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]you would be funny i must admit but i reckon you may have those that dont know you reaching for the vodka and pain killers
    when we are good i would be waxing lyrical,when we are bad i would a feckin bleep machine for 90 mins LOL

Tourettes FM?
  • Options
    you better feckin believe it.
  • Options
    if i guested with you we would be off air in 1 minute max my tourettes has got so bad this season it is unreal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]if i guested with you we would be off air in 1 minute max my tourettes has got so bad this season it is unreal

Try the Pefect 10 for size (Google it - it's feckin Brilliant!)- Tourettes at it's best!
  • Options
    would be fun though,when that fish came up we would shout feck off,when them wank** ultra's started singin that gay CAFC song we could cuss them off.and we could start singin proper old songs.
  • Options
    I feckin hate that song it drives me mad as for the fish dont even get me started on that fuka
  • Options
    best thing was jewish last week shout out net every time someone shouted feeeeeeesh.
  • Options
    Fish "should" be changing soon!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    thank god for that BDL my little un thinks it is funny every away fan i know says "what the fuk is that all about you tossers dont you know how stoopid you sound"

whilst i cringe

that was quiet entertaing i give you that but the shorts and the wooly hat did me in
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]if i guested with you we would be off air in 1 minute max my tourettes has got so bad this season it is unreal[/quote]

Try the Pefect 10 for size (Google it - it's feckin Brilliant!)- Tourettes at it's best![/quote]

Yes the Perfect Ten is Tourettes central, with Phill Jupitus and Phil Wilding being let loose uncensored, similar to how BDL's Saturday SHow nearly got at times!

Regarding the GLR Commentator, I really was truly awful, I could picture him doing the Play Off Final commentary in that monotone drawl of his, obviously the speech impediment is not his fault but Wacon kept me amused throughout, when does this contract end?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Fish "should" be changing soon!
    Was it just my lack of attention, or had the fish been missing for a few games before showing up again last week?
  • Options
    Alright gents, I am Rob that BDL mentions, I would love for my commentary to go out, but as BDL says I think its bound by the radio contract with the beeb at present though.
  • Options
    Looks like just going to have to put up the dreadful commentary for the foreseeable future. Shame.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Fish "should" be changing soon!

I hope "changing" means disappearing for ever and not being replaced with any other similarly stupid adverts during the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Losing the adverts means we either have to buy the software for the big screen from Bream Team, or we go back to the old version...
  • Options
    cant we just have a tv for replays, goals, before the game and after and upto date scores from around the grounds in the country why the fuk did we have that poxy fecking no good fish

the only good fish is one on the end of my hook or in batter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]cant we just have a tv for replays, goals, before the game and after and upto date scores from around the grounds in the country why the fuk did we have that poxy fecking no good fish

the only good fish is one on the end of my hook or in batter

Oh I Dont know, that Fish we had at centre half wern't to bad ;-)
  • Options
    ...untill he got pissed & fell through a glass table.