Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And we though OUR rozzers were as thick as pig muck !

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Non-Football Story Of The Day
'Irish police have solved the mystery of a Polish recidivist who clocked up 50 traffic offences on different addresses and who was never caught, after one officer noticed his name meant driving licence in Polish. An internal police memo cited by Irish papers on Thursday said officers taking details of Polish traffic offenders had been mistakenly using "Prawo Jazdy," printed in the top right corner of the driving licence, as the holder's name.
"Prawo Jazdy is actually the Polish for driving licence and not the first and surname on the licence," the police memo dated June 2007 said. "It is quite embarrassing to see the system has created Prawo Jazdy as a person with over 50 identities." A police spokesman declined to comment on the reports' - Reuters.

Comments

• Options
    Funny.The irish never seem to do themselves any favours.
  • Options
    Out of interest how many on here are aware that Prawo Jarzdy means driving licence in Polish?

Personally I'm not convinced that we need to spend x million training our police to speak Polish in case they end up registering some bloke as Library Card in the future. Indeed if we did the Daily Fail would probably pop a bollock in excitement, so something of a non-story that I would summarise as "VERY FEW IRISH POLICE CAN SPEAK FLUENT POLISH SHOCKER".
  • Options
    Did you know that to pass the Polish driving test you have consumed at least 9 units of alcohol to reach the national acceptable driving standard.You must veer on to the opposite side of the road no less than 6 times during the examination and you must have no less than three animals in the back of the vehicle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Out of interest how many on here are aware that Prawo Jarzdy means driving licence in Polish?

Personally I'm not convinced that we need to spend x million training our police to speak Polish in case they end up registering some bloke as Library Card in the future. Indeed if we did the Daily Fail would probably pop a bollock in excitement, so something of a non-story that I would summarise as "VERY FEW IRISH POLICE CAN SPEAK FLUENT POLISH SHOCKER".

Well, i thought it was funny.
  • Options
    Feck me McLovin...cheer up you miserable fecker !