Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are the odds..?

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
There are a number of phrases being bandied around like, "Charlton are odds-on to get relegated"; "you'd get long odds on us staying up now", etc. But, does anyone know what prices are being offered on Charlton either being relegated or staying up?

And, has anyone here backed their assertions with a punt?

I quite fancy our chances, following two home wins, with a couple of clean sheets; the re-jigging of the team; ZZ's impending return; positive vibes coming from Mark Kinsella at the Bromley meeting; the dreadful form of some of our rivals; Dickson playing; Bailey, Spring and Racon looking sharp; Soares extending his loan; 2 fit centre backs; etc.

Comments

• Options
    you can back us to go down at 4-11 with bet 365 (i've been backing us to go down since the home defeat v coventry... 11-8 then and i've backed us to go down at 4-11 as well)
    or you can lay us on betfair at 1.3 which is 10-3 on backing us to stay up.... there's a bit of an arb there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite] (i've been backing us to go down since the home defeat v coventry)

You've been backing us to go down since 29th April 2006!
  • Options
    So, three-and-a-bit to one against us making up just 8 or 9 points in 14 games? I think I might have some of that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite](i've been backing us to go down since the home defeat v coventry)

probably means since Tues 9th December 2008
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So, three-and-a-bit to one against us making up just 8 or 9 points in 14 games? I think I might have some of that!

well, they say a fool and his money are easily parted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite](i've been backing us to go down since the home defeat v coventry)

probably means since Tues 9th December 2008

Errr.....No, I mean 29th April 2006.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    you are all weird.
  • Options
    got 18/1 on 25th august for us to go down.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i think chirpy's referring to curbs last game as manager at the valley and yes i did (not with hindsight) foresee a bit of a rocky time ahead for us when sir alan departed but not quite this bad!!
    still let's all lower our expectations and if we stay up we can get really excited this year or next
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So, three-and-a-bit to one against us making up just 8 or 9 points in 14 games? I think I might have some of that!

Thank god it's only 8 or 9 points then, there was me getting worried we were a long way short of safety!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    well in our last 14 games we've just picked up 9 points so it doesn't seem too big an ask!!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I am not saying it's easy. But, if we do it, I'd like also to be picking up some dough. Example: at the start of the year, Doncaster were in the relegation zone, nine points behind Plymouth. Now, Doncaster are 15th, five points ahead of them.

It's not easy; it's a big task; but the reward is large. I, for one, will be getting behind Charlton and watching us climb to safety!
  • Options
    I'd want way better odds than 3/1..
  • Options
    Hi everyone, new poster!

2/1 to avoid relegation on 365

Thought it may have been greater odds than that tbh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southwestaddick[/cite]Hi everyone, new poster!

what does it say?
  • Options
    Rubbish odds when i herd somewhere that you can get 1/50 on, for us to be relegated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southwestaddick[/cite]Hi everyone, new poster!

Another South-West Addick ....?

Yay! I could do with some company down 'ere, me loverrrrrrrrr.
    Where be you to ....?

;o)
  • Options
    Live in Launceston, Cornwall but studying at Bristol Uwe atm

What about yourself?
  • Options
    SE Cornwall, near Whitsand Bay ...... not so far from Plym-erff, which is near enough but far enough away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    for the spread betters ... i made the mistake of buying our points at 65.5 when we beat reading..... the first time i got optimistic about us ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]for the spread betters ... i made the mistake of buying our points at 65.5 when we beat reading..... the first time i got optimistic about us ;-(

I did the same thing before our first season in the Premiership. Fantastic start but didn't get out then for a profit and was left sweating for the rest of the season. Fortunately we finished with exactly the number of points I bought at.
  • Options
    racon 25/1 & dickson 9/1 1st goalscorer with bluesq.
    both overpriced imo.