Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Maidstone United Petition - Please look

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
If anyone knows what it's like to have their club play away from there home for so long its Charlton fans.
Maidstone have been playing out of Maidstone (12 miles away in Sittingbourne currently) now for over 15 years, yet still they have a loyal home and away following of approx 300-500.
Surely no one wants to see any football club (other than Millwall & Palace :) fold, but that is what will happen if Maidstone do not get the reqired support soon.

Dartford FC are an example to what can be done and what should be done if you get backing from the Council.

Please sign this petition. Nearly 500 signatures so far, from clubs all around the Country.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Stones89/petition.html

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, and signed.
  • Options
    Agreed and signed, although haven't they been told already can't get funding, and lotterry said no, and FA said no to a long term loan style grant

Its an aboslute joke Maidstone Council will not help fund a sports stadium
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Agreed and signed, although haven't they been told already can't get funding, and lotterry said no, and FA said no to a long term loan style grant

Yet they will fund a giant floral sheep and a totem pole!

The stadium would be 2 mins from my front door too. Signed.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    To be fair they spent all recreational money for the next 5 years on the 'One big Wknd' - which majority of people who live in maidstone couldn;t even get tickets for?! Effin joke

I've recently moved back to the stone and am shocked how corporate its become, like another bloody milton keyenes, can barely find an independant shop/pub/restaurant anywhere in the town centre - and more importantly no Live venue WTF is that all about?!

How with all this investment in commercial shit hole that is now the town center, they can't get investmant for a sports stadium, is beyond me

We have a makings of a fairly successfull athletics/football/rugby teams, and we're the capital of kent. Kent CC used to do well at mote park before the council refused to spend money on it.

There is a need and on the whole Maidstone could easily use the stadium for multiply purposes and it would fill out.
  • Options
    as a Kentish Man I sign
  • Options
    Done and forwarded to many others.
  • Options
    Agreed, and signed. (3 times by mistake i think)
  • Options
    You've got my vote. Good Luck
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    shame the chairmans a complete knob
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done. number 799
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Agreed and signed, although haven't they been told already can't get funding, and lotterry said no, and FA said no to a long term loan style grant

Don't knock the sheep... I've been inside her!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]

Don't knock the sheep... I've been inside her!

Yeah so have i and half the town. Glad i was on top! ;)
  • Options
    Bump - Over 1,200 now.

Keep them coming those who have not done it yet.

Cheers.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Agreed and signed, although haven't they been told already can't get funding, and lotterry said no, and FA said no to a long term loan style grant

Its an aboslute joke Maidstone Council will not help fund a sports stadium[/quote]

The stadium would be 2 mins from my front door too. Signed.[/quote]

Don't knock the sheep... I've been inside her![/quote]

Did you share a cigarette afterwards?
  • Options
    Signed. Good luck.
  • Options
    Signed
  • Options
    1721 now.

Would be great if they could get five figures.
  • Options
    Signed and agreed
  • Options
    Was talking to a regular Stones fan in the pub Friday and he reckons this petition has come too late as the door has been closed.

Don't let that stop you signing it if you haven't yet though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SIGNED
  • Options
    But don't let the likely failure of this petition stop you, the council need to know that they destroyed Maidstone Utd when they were a league club