Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton - Poll, score predictions, team selections etc

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
This game is bigger than the chip on a Millwall fan's shoulder.

One win has seen many believe that a run of 98 victories will see us as Premiership Champions, so is it the same team as last week, or would you make changes ?

How do you see it going ?

Comments

• Options
    Can't change a winning team surely?

I'm quietly confident about this one.
  • Options
    Hard fought win with Kandol getting the winner.

Same side especially now that Parkinsella says ZiZi isn't ready.
  • Options
    A big 2-1 win to Charlton
  • Options
    The midweek results have sucked a bit of life out of me. Although I'm hoping to beat Barnsley and Swansea, I am going for a draw (0-0) at this one and then a surprise win in sheepland (because i'll be down there).
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Can't see anything other than a Barnsley win, still remain positve about survival, and thats how i've voted, but my optimism comes rushing back the closer to saturday it gets

Heart says a Charlton victory and our first b2b since 2007 but can't ignore the facts, if we were at home be voting def win, but we're away

Has to be same side, but unfortunatley, I fear anything other than a win will mean atleast 4 changes before swansea
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The midweek results have sucked a bit of life out of me. Although I'm hoping to beat Barnsley and Swansea, I am going for a draw (0-0) at this one and then a surprise win in sheepland (because i'll be down there).

I actually think we'll do swansea, but not barnsley
  • Options
    voted for a victory.
    only logic behind this being i voted for a win (for the first time in ages) last week.
  • Options
    Keep the same team, play as we did at home v Plymouth, 442 and go for it!!

Every game is a cup final!!!

10/10 on the clicheometer!!
  • Options
    draw 0-0 another great performance by our non scoring strikers and enough to give the RTB some hope and stick a nail in it for the EP's (myself included)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away win, 0-3. An early Nicky Bailey screamer will be followed up by a Kandol header before Half Time. An Individual effort from Chris Dickson late on will see us get our first back to back victories since December 2007. No changes made to starting line up.
  • Options
    Charlton win...

I'd keep the same team. replacing Burton on the subs bench with Fleetwood.
  • Options
    We are dreadful away from home. I fancy us to win most home games now but we won't get much away.

Big defeat. 3-0 Barnsley.
  • Options
    Hope for a win but I'll reckon it's going to be 1-1.

Dickson scores early but we let Barnsley back into to it.
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton with Hudson 1st gl and Dicko late on
  • Options
    2-1 win for us, coming from behind, second half goals for Kandol and Shelvey
  • Options
    a narrow defeat for me I'm afraid. I too, for some strange reason, am more confident that we'll get a win at Swansea next week as they will be a) jaded after playing their cup reply at Fulham in midweek and b) having won, looking forward to playing Man Utd in the next round.
  • Options
    Same team and a big creamy win.
  • Options
    Same team again and 5-0 Charlton, with Bailey, Spring, Dickson, Racon and Kandol all getting one each. Then we will win our next 3 games and be on our way out of this mess.
  • Options
    My heart 1-0 to the mighty addicks Dicko, my head 1-0 Barnsley Jamal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    At least last week's win seems to have cheered us all up a bit : at the time of writing this, 60 per cent in the poll reckon we're on course for a rare three points away from home - my vote among them. Must be the first time such a healthy majority of us has reckoned we might actually win in a long time !

2-1 to Charlton to keep alive the dream that we can inch our way above Soton, Norwich and Plymouth before it's all over. A goal for Dicko and one from midfield.

ps: even better : a whopping 84 per cent reckon we won't lose - so we've all (well, nearly all) joined the rose-tinted brigade...congratulations,Oggy. Five-sixths of Charlton Lifers have now given in under the relentless pressure of your cheery optimism !
  • Options
    Voted for a victory, still think we can stay up.
  • Options
    Given the quality of last weeks goals & Barnsley have had less rest than us, Charlton win. Worried about former player hex though. So spreading the bet Charlton win/Jamal Campbell-Ryce hattrick.
  • Options
    Jamal is a class player just man mark him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Jamal is a class player just man mark him

Crowd him out like every team used to do to Thomas last season?
  • Options
    42/68 say awin to us ?
    Amazing how 2 home wins changes everything............
  • Options
    BDL is going.....we lose
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The important thing to remember - is our season doesn't hinge just on today's result.

If we win, it's 3 points in the bag, the gap closes and confidence and belief Soares.

A draw is okay (as long as we don't concede again in the 96th minute) , it's a point, and we've begun an unbeaten run.

Defeat? Depends on the performance. If it happens, it's not the end of the world, it doesn't mean we're relegated.
    It would just mean we didn't put any points on the table. That's all.

So it's vital, whatever the result, that we keep a sense of perspective.
  • Options
    lol oggy this is the same stuff you printed as we slipped out of the premiership ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Jamal is a class player just man mark him[/quote]

Crowd him out like every team used to do to Thomas last season?[/quote]

Alas not so easy to mark JCR out of a game. He's always hungry for the ball and goes looking for it. Our best hope is that he stays on the wing. I don't fancy Murty's chances of staying with him if he switches to the left and keeps cutting inside.