Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent in last week's Sun

Sorry guys - only just got round to commenting on this - and surprised nobody saw the full page interview and brought it up.

He was begging Harry to play him, otherwise he would have to look for another side at the end of the season - said he just wanted to play football and if it wasn't to be at Spurs - so be it.

Refreshingly honest - top guy, just wants to play football.

Oh and it also highlighted that he's scored 16, yes that's right SIXTEEN goals already this season yet isn't a regular starter. It really does baffle me - barring Gerrard, I believe he's still scored more league goals than any other English player in the Premiership over the past four seasons, yet it's four seasons ago since he played a full season for us.

The season we went down he was partly injured and since he's gone to Spurs he's hardly ever been a regular starter.

I hope he goes to Aston Villa - Martin O'Neill knows how much a regular goalscorer could take Villa to the next level.

Comments

• Options
    It seems obvious that Harry isn't all that set on keeping him which is weird because he's smashed them in when he's played. Also don't understand why Carlton Cole gets a call up before he does. He might not be a creative, skilled striker but his movement is world class and pretty much creates chances on his own with it.

I too hope he goes to Villa. Big fan of Martin O'Neill and think Bent would become a cult figure up there. Spurs are a joke and I just knew he wouldn't be given the respect he deserves there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Also don't understand why Carlton Cole gets a call up before he does. He might not be a creative, skilled striker but his movement is world class and pretty much creates chances on his own with it.

When your manager slates you the way Rednapp slated Bent, for one poor miss, its not surprising that other,lesser players, get placed ahead of you in the queue.
  • Options
    Its a shame he didnt go to west ham
  • Options
    I think the darren bent thing has done it's course now. We all love Benty but he's at another club now - we got bigger things to worry about