Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brits

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Kylie looked gorgeous

I dont get the Kylie thing, not saying she's ugly, but she dont do it for me, Katy Perry & Duffy definitely.

How old are you DA9? I suppose it depends if you were an early-teens boy when she was in Neighbours and you grew up with Kylie.
    Mind you - I'd go for Katy Perry & Duffy as well! ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Actually, I've realy grown to like Coldplay. Agree that he was a bit ropey last night, but saw them (on TV) at Glastonbury and it was much better.

Horses for courses...... If we all liked the same stuff it'd be boring!

I was at that Glastonbury, seeing them live was amazing, I ran from the other stage through the mud towards the end of the Kasabian set as I didn't want to miss them.
  • Options
    I felt kinda sorry for the Pet Shop Boys when they started their set - all the kids down the front didn't have a clue who or what they were!
  • Options
    Unless i'm mistaken, was this actually the first music / film / art awards where the word 'genre' wasn't publicly uttered ??????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I felt kinda sorry for the Pet Shop Boys when they started their set - all the kids down the front didn't have a clue who or what they were!

Those kids from the Brit school all need a good slap as far as I'm concerned!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Kylie looked gorgeous

I dont get the Kylie thing, not saying she's ugly, but she dont do it for me, Katy Perry & Duffy definitely.

How old are you DA9? I suppose it depends if you were an early-teens boy when she was in Neighbours and you grew up with Kylie.
    Mind you - I'd go for Katy Perry & Duffy as well! ;o)

Early 40's, grow up with her, but she has never done it for me, wouldn't kick her out of bed on a cold night but I dont find her stunning like some do.

Beyonce is stunning, so is Shakira, and Sophie Ellis, who I've met, lovely girl.
  • Options
    Chris Martin - Go to the toilet before you start singing. Bloke looked desperate for a pee.
    Fearne Cotton - Why!! Talentless Bint
    The Hoff being rat arsed was quality.
    Fair Play to Weller, Maiden, Elbow and Kings of Leon.
  • Options
    Seasick Steve is a great original bluesman, I first saw him a couple of years ago on Later with Jools H. He was playing a 3 string guitar and a stomp box, got a few of his tunes on me 'puter.
    RE Iron Maiden winning, it just shows the state of the music industry when the old farts from East Ham get voted ahead of the so called cutting edge musicians of today.
    I blame Simon Cowell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I felt kinda sorry for the Pet Shop Boys when they started their set - all the kids down the front didn't have a clue who or what they were!

Why's that ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]

Why's that ?

Cos they're all up their own backsides IMO - this is where you tell me you have a daughter at the school or something :0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why didn't the Fleet Foxes win anything and how come the worst Kings Of Leon album is their breakthrough one?
  • Options
    Good to hear that Iron Maiden won a Brit award!
  • Options
    NO, She's back awake and watching the re-run on ITV2 AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH - It's Seasick Steve again.

Right off to reclaim the remote for sense, England and all decent people. Wish me luck I'm going in.
  • Options
    When will The Stranglers ever win The award for outstanding contribution to Music- been going for over years and still selling out venues- loads of bands cite them as influences, from The Kaiser Chiefs to U2 to Teasing Lulu!
  • Options
    I thought they could have been better. Loved watching girls aloud although the sound must be turned down, and Kylie, and that lady ga-ga. My god she is FIT AS YOU LIKE!!

Pet shop boys are a bag of crap, I appreciate they have done their time but they are music for nice boys to dance to in my opinion.

U2 were not all that, Kings of Leon deserved their awards for best international group and Album I have liked them for a while and the latest album is their best I think, and they don't sound much different to when they started.

As AFKA says Coldplay pretty much go over me, few good singles and I have bought all their albums on the back of their singles except the last one as the album tracks are average.

Ting Tings should have won something, I only have seen them once at the radio one weekend and they were good live and make good pop records. British male should have been The Streets as Weller (although he is a god) has done nothing above what Mike Skinner did in the last year. Duffy is a good singer but, I dunno about anyone else, she did not put out a great album, and I know there are better albums that have been released in the same timescale.

It was good Elbow picked up an award at last, however the highlight was Guy Garvey asking an alcoholic David Hasslehoff if he was coming for a beer ot ten with them. And Hasselhoffs dignified response!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]When will The Stranglers ever win The award for outstanding contribution to Music- been going for over years and still selling out venues- loads of bands cite them as influences, from The Kaiser Chiefs to U2 to Teasing Lulu![/quote]

Agreed Dad as you have taken me to many of their concerts i can see why you think that and their Drummer Jet Black is 70 and hasn't got recongnised.

The best highlight of the night was Alan Carr with his Diana Vickers joke.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I felt kinda sorry for the Pet Shop Boys when they started their set - all the kids down the front didn't have a clue who or what they were![/quote]

Those kids from the Brit school all need a good slap as far as I'm concerned![/quote]

Not Dicko though!
    http://britschoolnews.blogspot.com/2008/08/brit-school-international-footballer.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite] how come the worst Kings Of Leon album is their breakthrough one?

Because it is their most commercial. Your mum will love it!

They have given up sex drugs and rock n' roll. Beware the slow descent into house wife rock. They will go the same way as the Chilli Peppers IMHO.
  • Options
    How fit is Natalie Imbruglia.

I mean really, is there a better looking bird on the planet (other than my missus if she is reading this)
  • Options
    Pet Shop Boys are fantastic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Music to me is personal, I love Elvis Presley, have done since a kid, you could say he is my idol, but I am not stupid enough to say he never made a bad song, some of the movie stuff was trash, although, his music has helped me through some very troubling times, and inspired me to do certain things, like take part in a couple of Elvis shows with a well known tribute act, and met some of Elvis' band and entourage.

I get ribbed about it all the time because of the way I dress or look, but I dont care, I love the 50's style and music, and its now the way I dress through choice, but I can also happily listen to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and my favourite band of all time are The Smiths, also a big fan of The Cure, The Cult, Amy Winehouse, Elvis Costello, and can appreciate tunes by Girls Aloud, or Take That for different reasons, a very severe swing in tastes. Music is about emotions, how it makes you feel, happy, sad, thoughtful, rebellious, and means different things to different people, which is why some people hate bands whilst others love them, it's what makes the world go round.
  • Options
    Both mine went to the Brit School and managed to stay sane, but they enjoyed it and they've done O.K since. They went to a number of these award things and each time the T.V people encouraged the kids to act 'wild' perhaps to draw attention away from where things were going wrong e.g the Jarvis Cocker/Michael Jackson business and the Mick Fleetwood/ Sam Fox shambles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]How fit is Natalie Imbruglia.

I mean really, is there a better looking bird on the planet (other than my missus if she is reading this)

No. Or none that i am aware of.
  • Options
    Same old same old