Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

car advice..

13»

Comments

• The Larger Audi A3 is called a sportback all have Five doors & have more room in the back. Think they'll be more pricey than the other options though.
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, but where are Focus' built I suspect Belguim and Germany

Plenty of VW's are built in Spain and France, my Polo certainly built in Spain.

Clarkson used to say if quality was the drive from London to Edinbrough, the Germans were just passing Watford, the Japanese, particularly Honda were coming out of the Cheviot Hills with 10 miles to go.

The only quality from German cars these days is BMW and Porsche, forget VW and Mercedes they will and do break down.

I regret getting rid of my petrol Honda Accord for a VW Polo Diesel when fuel prices were high.

The Accord was brilliant, and before it I had a series of old BMW's which were great too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]A) Stay German and buy ex-company cars (fully serviced with paperwork)

E) Go native and follow your nose on something like a Focus for a lot less dough but don't touch anything French or Italian. And don't go near anything that does not have muchos paperworkos. Shiny cars are not always the best.

G) Buy my Passat from me for a reasonable price

Focus is German (although also made in spain)
    The model was delevloped and financed in Germany, Engineered in Germany and put together by Germans in South West Germany
    Still I would go for the Passat or a Honda/Toyota/ Mazada/
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]The Audi A3 does come in an estate. They call it an Avant

Although if my A4 Avant is anything to go by the A3 Avant might be a bit of a squeeze with 2 kids and all the associated crap they need

That looks strangely like an A4 Avant mate...!

They do look similar. The A3 is just shorter and narrower
  • We got a Focus C Max when we had our second child and I would recommend it, loads of space in the back.

Mate of mine has got a Jazz, bloody great little car, we went in it to Glastonbury last year and its quicker than you might think.

For 6k you can probably get an 06 plate (c-Max)