Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So we win and nobody goes on about....

WSSWSS
edited February 2009 in General Charlton
(unless i've missed it...)

How we should never have let Hreiddarsson and M.Bent go and sent McLeod on loan, who all scored at the weekend.

;-)

Comments

• Options
    I was leavin it down to you WSS!
  • Options
    didn't McLeod get two ? When did one of our strikers last score two in a game ??
  • Options
    And he scored a pen. More than that crap player Bailey could do.

Shame Burton wasn't on the pitch, he'd have scored it.

: - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]didn't McLeod get two ? When did one of our strikers last score two in a game ??

A certain Luke Varney against a certain team from South Norwood if I am not mistaken
  • Options
    I know it's pre-decided who takes pens - but surprised Dicko didn't get the chance.

His pen up at West Brom in the cup last year was dispatched in true Andy Gray/Mendonca style.

Bailey looked nervous, and hit his pen with more power than any idea of accuracy, at ideal diving keeper height.
    Didn't strike me that he really has that ice cool certainty that you need to take a pen under pressure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]didn't McLeod get two ? When did one of our strikers last score two in a game ??

A certain Luke Varney against a certain team from South Norwood if I am not mistaken

so not this season then !! Our last hat-trick must have been about five seasons ago.
  • Options
    mclowns first was a joke tough took about 6 touches to control it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]mclowns first was a joke tough took about 6 touches to control it

Maybe ..... but you still have get yourself in the right place, to be there to get the chance.
  • Options
    No ones mentioned that Jonjo didn't get a kick either!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]mclowns first was a joke tough took about 6 touches to control it

he is awful ... ... that first was a classic ... swipe swipe swipe then eventually a scuffed goal.... they can keep him....i'd rather have our free scoring forwards whoever they might be!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlie MacDonald also put another one away. If we should come up against the Bees next season what's the betting he'll score against us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Charlie MacDonald also put another one away. If we should come up against the Bees next season what's the betting he'll score against us?

And someone would say we shouldn't have let him go.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If Pards was still here, he'd have signed him back for £2 million.

Oh, I forgot ..... Pards isn't still here and we ain't got £2 mill, lol
  • Options
    I'm sure that he turned down a contract with us rather than us just releasing him, because he wanted more money.

Used to knock about with him around the time he was still with us.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Bailey looked nervous, and hit his pen with more power than any idea of accuracy, at ideal diving keeper height.
    Didn't strike me that he really has that ice cool certainty that you need to take a pen under pressure.

There seemed to be a bit of a wait for him to actually be able to take the penalty, with one plmouth player in particular making sure he took as long as possible to get out the area. That didn't help, but you have to be able to deal with that sort of thing.
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I'm sure that he turned down a contract with us rather than us just releasing him, because he wanted more money.

Used to knock about with him around the time he was still with us.

I heard from somewhere fairly reliable MacDonald got fed up with his lack of opportunities and said (privately) that he wasn't going to play for us again.
  • Options
    Hasn't Herman got 2 in 2 now?
  • Options
    Yeah, HH got header from set-piece the weekend before last.