Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Folically challenged

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
For those of us on here who now sport the wider centre parting, I was wondering if we see it as a blessing or a curse;-)
I can remember the difficult moment when my hair went sliding into recession, when no amount of money being pumped into Head And Shoulders as part of a rescue package was enough to stimulate the green shoots of recovery.
And you just have to accept that what was once there is no more.
How have others dealt with that defining moment in a man's life and what are the pros and cons?

Pros
1. It doesn't take a moment to dry your hair.
2. On a moonlit night if you position it right, you can bounce the light of the moon off your bonce to help you find where the front door lock is when you are pissed.
3. You need never buy another comb.

Cons
1. Someone comes into work with a new hairstyle and everyone comments. You try something different and no one notices.

Comments

• i dont like the balding look that my head gives me if i grow it more than a number 2

however if i was able to grow a full head of hair i would shave it to a number 1 any way so i cant really grumble
  • At the time (my early 20s) I started to lose mine I'm sure you could have cut my arm off and it would have had less lmpact, now (in my late 30s) ;-) it dont matter to me, I remember a mate? at the time ripping the s**t out of me as a youngster about my hairline, he now sports the worst comb over since Bobby Charlton and revenge is sweet.
  • Cons 2 - the top of your head gets sun burnt far more easily than when you had a full crop of hair.
  • BDLBDL
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Cons 2 - the top of your head gets sun burnt far more easily than when you had a full crop of hair.

And it's feckin painful as I found out last year. So all you fellow slapheads out there, don't forget to slap on the jollop.

Anyway 3blokes - Babies don't help do they?!?
  • And it's feckin painful as I found out last year. So all you fellow slapheads out there, don't forget to slap on the jollop.

The cricketer and failed drugs smuggler Chris Lewis once shaved his bonce before a Test in the Windies and neglected to slap on any suncream or wear a hat, sunstroke then ruled him out of action for the next day's play.
  • Yeah when you're a slaphead you need to keep what you have got left really short otherwise you start to look like a professor or a dodgy uncle. It has to be a number 1 eh.
    And sunburn, god how much does it sting on your head where hair once grew!
    And yes dave the broken nights' sleep I had a full blown mullet before my daughter came along! :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Yeah when you're a slaphead you need to keep what you have got left really short otherwise you start to look like a professor or a dodgy uncle. It has to be a number 1 eh.
    And sunburn, god how much does it sting on your head where hair once grew!
    And yes dave the broken nights' sleep I had a full blown mullet before my daughter came along! :-)[/quote]

oi 3blokes, I have never seen you with a full mane of hair!!!!!
    My problem is I am going very grey...now do I go for the Just For Men and accept the laughs and jokes or do I just keep it as it is and age disgracefuly? My son reckons either shave the lot off or Just For Men....
  • Pete I looked even worse when I had hair! Hard to believe I know.....
    Going grey on your head is ok makes you look distinguished,it's elsewhere that makes you feel old.....:-)
  • good point mate, so I can just for men elsewhere then???
  • Remember fellow slapheads. "God created beautiful people, the rest he covered with loads of hair"
  • Sponsored links:

• Real men don't go bald.

FACT.

:-)
  • Sorry Addickted we don't use the b... word on this thread as it causes offence to some of us slapheads ;-)
    The strange thing is, Addickted, that when you become folically impaired all the hair that was once on your head now seems to want to grow out your nose or your ears or any other number of bewildering places....
    I wonder what Darwin's theory of evolution was on that?
    Were old blokes with nose hair somehow fitter than the rest?
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Sorry Addickted we don't use the b... word on this thread as it causes offence to some of us slapheads ;-)
    The strange thing is, Addickted, that when you become folically impaired all the hair that was once on your head now seems to want to grow out your nose or your ears or any other number of bewildering places....
    I wonder what Darwin's theory of evolution was on that?
    Were old blokes with nose hair somehow fitter than the rest?

Darwin was a slaphead.

Not that bothered about a receding hairline but I kept what's left short (4 or 5 crop) as it looks a mess otherwise.

If someone said here's a pill, costs £1,000 a year but would grow you hair back as in your youth with no operations or side effects how many of you would be tempted? I know I would.