Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Parky and Kins duo.

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I noticed that Parky let Kins do the touchline work yesterday and Parky stayed largely in the dug out. It looks as though they have thought about their relationship and are finding a successful combination whereby they complement each other rather than try to impose their own egos. I just had a feeling that Charlton is re-building and got an almost disquieting sense of long term optimism. Am I getting too carried away here?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but its good that you are, no body was feeling optimisitc a month ago, slowly we are changing.
  • Options
    Ah, a healthy dose of Oggy-ism being made manifest here.

If you need some more of what I'm on, just let me know.

;o)
  • Options
    I think they are gradually getting it right. Question is, is it too gradual or can we do it?
  • Options
    We can do it - gradually.....

Seriously, it's the performances on the park that will show whether Parky and Kins compliment each other, and whether they've won back the dressing room and the players will run through brick walls for them.

Don't forget Curbs was generally the observer, with Peacock in the stands behind getting the overview, and Mervyn Day did the ranting on the touchline. And Gritty before him.

At the end of the day, Lennie the Legend invariably sat in the stands, calm and composed getting the big picture overview.
    You can be a bit too close to the elephant in the dugout, so maybe Parky ought to sit in the stands on occasion - see the big picture and see the action from the fans viewpoint....?

He may be surprised.
  • Options
    "Swallows and summers" maybe but encouraging nonetheless.

I didn't go yesterday unfortunately but what has struck me is the team which really bears little resemblance to the Pardew one. That in itself is progress imho.