Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aggressive Clamping

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
Got clamped today , left the car for 7 minutes cost £125 and the guy was there to release me in 5 Minutes.

Grrrrrrrrr!

Comments

• Options
    at first look i thought that said aggresive clapping.
  • Options
    Usually I think anyone moaning about parking tickets is just maoning because they thought they could park wherever they wanted like it was the seventies again or something. However, when it comes to clamping/towing I'm in full agreement. It takes the absolute piss - getting a ticket after two minutes is fair enough - you overstayed you deserve to pay - but getting towed or clamped and having to pay up to 200 quid is literally daylight robbery.

I live on a large road that isn't very busy, so never gets jammed up. A few years back I had nowhere to park when I got home one evening (the council has turned half my street into a no-parking at any time area) so had to park directly outside my house. I needed to be up and away at 7.15 anyway - the CPZ kicks in at 7 so I thought I'd be up in plenty of time. Of course, I overslept and woke up at 07:02 - looked out the window to find my car not ticeketed, not clamped, but TOWED - less than two minutes after the CPZ kicked in. They'd obviously sent the little f***ers out on bikes at half six looking for people to tow so that they could get their entire Saturday morning's work done within half an hour of starting, then spend the rest of the day drinking tea.

I beat the ticket on appeal - but had to take it all the way to the independent tribunal to do so because the council wouldn't have it - the adjudicator called their decision to tow a vehicle one minute outside the allowed time 'aggressive', 'vindictive' and 'scandalous' - especially since I offered to pay the 40 quid ticket.

The problem with this sort of behaviour is that it sets people's attitudes regarding parking fines back by years. If people sat down and hard a good hard think they'd realise that the council HAS to collect revenue from this sort of thing because local council funding has been absolutely decimated by successive Tory and Labour central governments in the past 25 years. Common sense dictates that they need to find the money to empty the bins, clean the puke off the streets of a Saturday night and cut the grass on playing fields from somewhere. However, over-zealous arseholes at local parking departments and the quite frankly obscene 'laws' governing private clamping are nothing short of scandalous, and instantly turn everyone (myself included) into Gaunt/Littlejohn foaming-at-the-mouth little Englanders.

Sad.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dont get me started on this

I was clamped last Aug

Bay had no signs , signs were in the road not in the bay thats why we thought the bay was safe.

Like Feck it was

Nighthawk secuirty WA**KERS andLondon and Qyadrant dont have a clue HAstings Hosue in Woolwich parking is a joke know one knows what parts are owned by teh council and what are quadrant
    £145.00 notes and still fighting next step BBC watchdog
  • Options
    Good luck leftie. I always appeal right or wrong. No problem paying if I'm in the wrong but if they can't respond then I'm always up for a get out of ticket free card.

As for clamping touch wood never have it tend to park and walk. Guess I'm lucky that I dont' use areas that aren't on their radar yet.
  • Options
    So Leroy, basically it was all your fault for oversleeping?
    ;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Good luck leftie. I always appeal right or wrong. No problem paying if I'm in the wrong but if they can't respond then I'm always up for a get out of ticket free card.

As for clamping touch wood never have it tend to park and walk. Guess I'm lucky that I dont' use areas that aren't on their radar yet.[/quote]

Ill post the pictures when i get my memory stick and see if you lot think i should be clamped beofre i send a letter to the BBC

The bloke who took the clamp off did not think i should have been and told me to push it
  • Options
    The head of Traffic and Parking Tribunal for England Caroline Sheppard has said that cost of removal of vehicles is such that it is not a reasonable response to a parking contravention, and may well be against the law. Clamping on private land in my view is wrong as well, the amount charged is not reasonable when compared with the contravention.

Westminster already stopped removals, now only relocate, removals should continue but only for no tax / abandoned vehicles.
  • Options
    Was whoever clamped you licensed? Info at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/t_wheel-clamping_on_private_land.pdf
  • Options
    They clamped a whole group of people one evening in the PC world carpark after people had been parking there for ages with no hassle.

the sign for clamping was put infront of my motor

Like i would have parked there if it had been there when i got there.

Some people gave the clampers a proper hiding and got nicked on top of it

me i negotiated the fee down to 70 quid which the knut binned and removed the clamp i vowed never to park near the ground again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]They clamped a whole group of people one evening in the PC world carpark after people had been parking there for ages with no hassle.

the sign for clamping was put infront of my motor

Like i would have parked there if it had been there when i got there.

Some people gave the clampers a proper hiding and got nicked on top of it

me i negotiated the fee down to 70 quid which the knut binned and removed the clamp i vowed never to park near the ground again

Hope it wasn't in the work's van ;-0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]at first look i thought that said aggresive clapping.

No mate I've have dropped my Werthers Originals if that had happened
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrentfordAddick[/cite]Was whoever clamped you licensed? Info athttp://www.adviceguide.org.uk/t_wheel-clamping_on_private_land.pdf

Cheers Fella , It was in a Pizza Hut Car Park , adjacent to a next out of town store in Hants.
    The company apparently are notorious in South Hants area . The geezer looked a right 'erbert too
    tats on neck etc. He already had a row with a couple in a car near mine , who had been in to
    pick up a kid from a birthday party at the Pizza Hut (but were not 'technically customers , no bill to prove purchase')
    I'll investigate with above and also with Pizza Hut as this has a bad effect on their image imho.
  • Options
    LOL guiness
  • Options
    Clampers are licenced muggers.....FACT!!
  • Options
    I hate aggressive clamping. It nearly put me off oral sex for life ;¬)